We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Ashland, Oregon
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

We are a family of 3, with a 12- year old girl. What is the best way to get from Phoenix on a Sunday afternoon to Rocky Point. We have a week in Rocky Point---is there a good shuttle company anyone can recommend?

Is there any reason to have a car in Rocky Point?

47 replies to this topic
tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
16,029 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

Mayan Palace is a considerable distance from town. Taxis are very slow to come. You will want a car for exploring, dining and shopping. Most major car rental companies will have rental rates for driving into Mexico. It will include required Mexican insurance so will be more expensive than for use in the US. To rent a rental to drive into Mexico, you need to call car rental companies. I do not know of a car rental firm which an book this online. The drive from Phoenix is as easy one.

Phoenix, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Phoenix, Puerto Penasco
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

No first hand experience, but these two companies come highly recommended:

Head To Rocky Point 602-971-0166

www.seasideshuttle.com

"The best way" would be to rent a car so you can travel at your own pace and be able to get around while you're there.

Puerto Penasco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

Head Out to Rocky Point is a good Shuttle Service and in Town you can always call Russ Black from Penasco Recreation.

You will need a car depending on where are you staying.

Albuquerque,N.M.
Level Contributor
72 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

My son took the shuttle Head out to Rocky Point from Puerto Penasco back to the Phoenix airport. They were very good. All of the service was on time and very professional. I highly recommend them.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

I have used always used Lloyds Rocky Point Shuttle Service and have never had any problems. You can call them at 623.551.1616 they have a very comfortable 12 to 15 passenger van and its clean and pretty new. I would not use anyone else just because they have always been extremely friendly and easy to deal with.

Camano Island...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

Headout to Rocky Point shuttle service is the best. They pride themselves on offering door to door service. We used them just a week ago to get from Phoenix to Rocky Point and back. Courteous, on time, considerate, professional, nice vans, I could go on and on. My first time using them, but my parents have used them many times. You will not be disappointed

Gold Bar, Washington
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

I had a great experience with this service. They were on time and Pleasant. They are very helpful as we had not been to the area before and the driver answered our questions and even answered my kids questions without seeming annoyed. Fast, Pleasant, and safe. We made it to our location in a timely manner and We will be using them for all our shuttle service needs.

Edited: 1:23 pm, May 29, 2015
Ma
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

My family and I use Lloyd's rocky point shuttle to get back and forth from Phoenix to rocky point. They are extremely friendly and courteous. They are fairly priced and always on time. We have used them a few times and haven't had any issues yet.

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

I would like to share the experience that I had on my travel to Rocky Point with Lloyd's Rocky Point Shuttle , From being picked up at the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport to Rocky Point ... The first driver was very courteous and right on time very pleasant ride to the meeting up with Lloyd in Aho were he drove us the rest of the way to Rocky Point in a very roomy 15 Passenger Van very safe drivers . I would recommend you give them a call . Thank you Ms. L. James

2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point

Don't take LLOYDS shuttle service. Mike the driver left us in Mexico.

Reply to: Shuttle from Phoenix to Rocky Point
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted