We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo Travel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Los Lunas, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Solo Travel

I would like to drive down to Rocky Point and wonder if it is safe for a female to travel alone. I used to go down all the time in the 70s and 80s and had no problem then.

Puerto Penasco...
Level Contributor
26 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Solo Travel

You will have no problems. Just like anywhere else, drive is best in daylight hours. Try to avoid Friday afternoon due to traffic at the border. Upon approachig Rocky Point, you will have to stop for a Army checkpoint. They generally just ask where you are going. Have fun......

PHX
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Solo Travel

Agree with the past post. Make sure you have a passport to come back. The place has really changed. How long are you staying & do you need ref. for places to stay?

Los Lunas, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Solo Travel

Thanks for the info. I'm sure I will be shocked at all the changes.

Los Lunas, New...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Solo Travel

I'm going down for a week and am staying with friends that have a house there but thanks for all the info. I know I will be shocked at the changes!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Solo Travel

Hi--I live in Tucson and am taking a charter live-aboard dive boat out of PP for 6 or so days. Any suggestions on where to park my SUV safely? Butch in Tucson

6. Re: Solo Travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 14, 2014