We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Penasco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
1,201 posts
15 reviews
Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

I've been here a billon times, have either slept on the beach or gotten a room at one of the no-name motels on the road in for dirt cheap.

Want to head down there again this weekend, but would like to stay somewhere close to Las Glorias area, anyone know of any little, cheap hotels right in that area? We'd only need it for one night (Friday night) so the cheaper, the better. (Of course, the nicer the room, the better, too!)

Yuma, Arizona
1 post
1. Re: Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

Hi...

Sorry, can't help you with your query, but wondering...can you suggest a cheap motel in Puerto Penasco? One that is in walking distance to restaurants, bars and beach? Towels that look like they were just used to wash a car are okay, just no bugs! Thanks and have a great trip.

Puerto Penasco...
Level Contributor
24 posts
2. Re: Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

If you want to be right in the center of all that's hapening on Calle 13, within walking distance to the many TD Bar's, restaurants and Taco Shacks, and just a two or three block walk to the beach.

Well, then the "Hotel Playa Azul" may be of interest to you. A block to the east is the "Seniorial Hotel" w/off-track betting and Chinese Dining. Do an about-face and back track to the west and in between Playa Azul and what was once called the Plaza los Glorious, there is a four or five story hotel and again I'm at a loss for the name of this one as well, but I do believe it is a lower priced basic room like the Seniorial and Playa Azul.

There are a few more, like the little one next to the El Sombrero Taco Shack. There are also rooms above Keno's Market, and if you look up and down the streets that cross Calle 13 there are many many more little hotel-no-tell type places. Sorry I can't give you a review on any of these fine establishments, but I can tell you there are countless rooms around your area of interest.

3. Re: Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 7:58 pm, December 16, 2011
Ladyw
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

Get yourself the Rocky Point Gringo Guide to Puerto Penasco Mexico at your book store. Many hotels have raised their prices after the first of the year (seems the way of the world these days) but there are some reasonable ones for about $40 per nite away from the beach. I found one near Playa Marimar a short distance from the water. Don't expect a lot, just a bed and shower and clean sheets. Enjoy!

Tucson
6 posts
5. Re: Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

I'd try the Granada Del Mar by Manny's. It is beach front and only $50-$70.00 a night.

NM-USA
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
6. Re: Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

Don't belive for one second that the Princessa is "cheap".

The condos there are great!! staticchair333 must have stayed at another hotel and has mistaken it for the "Princessa de Penasco".

I cannot even call it a hotel because you get a full 1 bedroom apartment including all cooking utensels and your own washer drier to boot. This evening we had all 3 pools to ourselves including the HOT tub. No roaring parties. Located within a gated community this condo is quieter than my apartment back home.

Princesa de Penasco is the best Vacation spot i have ever been to.

There are other places you can stay for Cheaper if you want to PARTY. But this is not that kind of place. Did I mention the free wireless internet? during off peak season your room will run less than 100 a night

7. Re: Help with Cheap, Convenient Hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, August 12, 2009