We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety driving from Phx to Rocky Point

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
anc
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Safety driving from Phx to Rocky Point

My 18-year-old college daughter and a friend want to drive down for spring break. They do not really have a good plan and I told them no...nevertheless, I know they will not listen to me, so I thought I would help with some tips for the road trip. Does any one have any safety tips? suggestions? I am worried about two young females being harassed at best, worst my mind runs wild...but maybe I am just a paranoid father who 25 years ago did the same thing and was jacked up by the Mexican police...but Uncle Jackson saved me. Any help….

Prescott, Arizona
Level Contributor
295 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety driving from Phx to Rocky Point

hola,

the road is well traveled and common sense would call for daylight travel ,plenty gas,water, and a reliable vehicle. There are more tourista's on the road from the border than locals.. you know them by how fast they are going .. As a dad I'd worry more about behaving after they get there lol, drinking age is 18 in mexico. and even uncle jackson sometimes cant help a mexican DUI.

sleep well

anc
Level Contributor
5 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety driving from Phx to Rocky Point

Thanks for the info

Phoenix, Arizona
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety driving from Phx to Rocky Point

Hello Steve & Martha, I have 2 teenage sons of my own. My safety tip to them is to drive with their headlights on during the day so the other cars can see them coming. AND SLOW DOWN! OR use a shuttle service:) Mike & Lynelle