We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Penasco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
AZ
3 posts
Save Topic
Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

Hello, I'm just wondering if anyone has recently travelled to Rocky Point and if they encountered any problems? I'll be travelling with my husband and 2 children and I've never had an issue in the past. I haven't gone this year so I wanted to check again. Thank you.

chandler,arizona
Level Contributor
41 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

I have been to rocky point 2 times this year and absolutely no problems at all---great times both visits and really good seafood (originally from Boston--live in Arizona now//no seafood here)Great getaway to the Ocean

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
213 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

We have not been since March. But I keep my eyes and ears open for any info and have not heard anything negative recently. Have fun!!

AZ
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

Thank you for the info!

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

We've been going down about every other weekend- we were down just last weekend. It was a great time- the water, weather and people were beautiful. I haven't seen or read about any problems. Hope you have a great trip!

AZ
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

Thank you so much for the response. I've been going there every year for the past 12 yrs or so. The last couple of years, before I go down, I always get a little nervous and do lots of research as I have little kids. Once I get there, I'm always relieved and my anxiety goes away. But, we love it so much, the people, the food, the beautiful ocean and water. So nice to hear they are still getting visitors and people aren't running into any issues. I pray it stays that way for years to come!

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

Has anyone been to Rocky Point lately? I'm wanting to find a condo to rent with three other adults and two little kids in June but have anxiety on if it's safe. I hear mixed opinions. I haven't been in about 5 years. Has anyone been recently who can share their experience? Or recommend nice rentals? Thanks!

tucson az
Destination Expert
for Tucson, Arizona, Northern Mexico
Level Contributor
15,630 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

If you read the various posts here about PP, you will see recent reports. Yes, it's safe. There shouldn't be any "mixed opinions."

For rentals, the "condotels" have rentals. You can also try vrbo.com and craigslist.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

Yes, I read the various posts but hadn't seen anything since September so wanted to know of anyone who had been there recently, like within the last 6 months. Thanks for the info! I'll look on vrbo and craigslist.

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
63 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

Yes, we go to Penasco twice a month and feel completely safe.

Phoenix, Arizona
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Sept 2011 Rocky Point-still safe?

hi everyone My husband and i are thinking of going down to puerto penesco around april 8 th for 10 days,we have never been before and wodered about safety and the roads.also if we rent a time share are there grocery stores etc.sonoran codo in rocky point.love to here your thougths