We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rocky point return

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
mesa az
Level Contributor
85 posts
560 reviews
Save Topic
rocky point return

Interested in recent experiences in return times from Rocky Point to Phoenix. I want to avoid night travel, so that leave mid-afternoon on Sunday or Monday morning. The endless bumper to bumper waits on Sunday are probably the same, but I wonder

about Mondays.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
243 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rocky point return

We have not had more than 3 cars in front of us for the 3 times we have visitied in the last 12 months. I do not remember if this ever fell on a Sunday but we always leave PP around 9:30-10 am and arrive at the boarder around 11am. I would think this is "prime time" and have never had much of a wait.

Riverside...
Level Contributor
31 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rocky point return

We've had some bad experiences crossing on Sundays, so we try to go north on Saturday or Monday. We've never had to wait more than a car or two mid day Saturday or mid-morning on Monday. I'd say our best Sunday return was about 20 minutes, and our worst was about 4 hours (holiday weekend, poor timing!)

Puerto Penasco...
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rocky point return

You might be interested to know that the border crossing to the US at Lukeville has recently been expanded. More lanes and an express lane for those holding the passport or card with the chip. We have heard no complaints about crossing to the US since the expansion was completed, even over the recent holiday. Mexico has also remodeled their entry point and are checking cars more often in the past. Some visitors have reported that it took longer to get into Mexico than to get out !!

Twin Dolphins Real Estate

Sales and Rentals

Puerto Penasco

www.twindolphinsrealty.com

4. Re: rocky point return

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 pm, October 29, 2012