We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report Oct.3-7. Another great trip!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Penasco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Topic
Trip report Oct.3-7. Another great trip!

We just returned from a 4 night trip to Rocky Point. We stayed again at Las Palomas. The town was even less crowded than it had been our last trip in March.

The Malecon is all torn up with replacing the sidewalks on the vendor side of the street. There were also new street lights in the port area.

The first day was really warm, then the weather cooled and was perfect. This was the first time I swam in the ocean, water nice and warm.

We were the only customers at the Friendly Dolphin, Aqui con Flavio had 3 tables, 1 other group at Pollo Lucas.

We ate at a new restaurant since our last trip in March. Fullenio's Taco Fish on the main drag had some great tacos.

This was another good trip. My daughter was dissapointed that it was so empty.

Any questions feel free to ask.

durango,CO
Level Contributor
24 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report Oct.3-7. Another great trip!

We started visiting Rocky Point in 1959, skipped visiting for a lot of years and just started going back again a few years ago. Although it has really been developed, the beaches are still wonderful and relatively uncrowded. However, even though we went last fall, stayed at one of the outer beaches and had a wonderful, peaceful time. the fairly recent violence in both Rocky Point and Sonoita has me a bit spooked. I feel sorry for the economy there, as restaurants and shopping areas were fairly deserted even last year at this time

How was it traveling the highway from Lukeville and was there more of a police oresence everywhere?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
214 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report Oct.3-7. Another great trip!

We did not see any police on the highway from the boarder down to Rocky Point. We only saw a couple police in Rocky Point doing their normal patrolling. It is sad to see the violence in other areas has scared away so many people from visiting.

3. Re: Trip report Oct.3-7. Another great trip!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 08, 2011