We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Redweek.com?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Penasco hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tm
Level Contributor
565 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Redweek.com?

Can anyone tell me how reliable redweek.com is for renting or selling a timeshare?

Houston, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Redweek.com?

redweek.com is a site that connects people wanting to offer their timeshares for rent with those wanting to rent them. They provide the link to get those people together and they suggest an escrow agent to use (for a nominal fee) so as to guarantee the reservation is legit and make sure that the payment is made by the interested individuals. Last November I listed my Mayan Palace room reservation at the Mayan Riviera for Thanksgiving week offering it initially for $500 for the week. About six weeks prior to the reservation, I had not received one offer, so I lowered the price to a mere $300. I never received a response from anyone so my timeshare went unused. I would really like to have had someone use it. I think this concept will really catch on in the future but people either don't know about it yet or are unsure if it is as good as it looks. I will be using redweek.com in the future both to list property (I still have my timeshare weeks) and to rent - I think it has a lot to offer both ways.

mikebrad@mail.com

Deer Park, Texas

Houston, Texas
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Redweek.com?

redweek.com is a site that connects people wanting to offer their timeshares for rent with those wanting to rent them. They provide the link to get those people together and they suggest an escrow agent to use (for a nominal fee) so as to guarantee the reservation is legit and make sure that the payment is made by the interested individuals. Last November I listed my Mayan Palace room reservation at the Mayan Riviera for Thanksgiving week offering it initially for $500 for the week. About six weeks prior to the reservation, I had not received one offer, so I lowered the price to a mere $300. I never received a response from anyone so my timeshare went unused. I would really like to have had someone use it. I think this concept will really catch on in the future but people either don't know about it yet or are unsure if it is as good as it looks. I will be using redweek.com in the future both to list property (I still have my timeshare weeks) and to rent - I think it has a lot to offer both ways.

mikebrad@mail.com

Deer Park, Texas

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
58 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Redweek.com?

We just used Redweek.com to rent a condo in NYC....so far I have no complaints...the system seems to work very well. Like Texmsb said....it just hasn't caught on yet.

Wish I'd seen Texmsb's posting....we stayed at Mayan Palace the week prior to Thanksgiving and wanted to stay additional time but nothing was available...would have gladly paid $300-$500/week.