We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a car (or atv) daily. Any recommendations?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
1 post
Renting a car (or atv) daily. Any recommendations?

I'm having some trouble finding any online sources. I'm 23 years old and come to Puerto Penasco from Colorado every 2 months or so. I stay at a location deep into Los Conchas, and taxi prices are nearly 300 pesos basically anywhere I need to go. I'd like to just rent a car (or preferably a daily ATV if it's comparable to a car in terms of price?) so I can avoid the hassle of taking taxis.

Does anyone have any non-outdated sources for me to check out? Everything I'm finding about cars seem to be from <2016.

Edit: If it matters, I fly into Phoenix and take a shuttle bus to Puerto Penasco.

Thank you!

Edited: 7:34 pm, February 06, 2019
2 replies to this topic
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,143 posts
21 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Renting a car (or atv) daily. Any recommendations?

Buffalo Car Rentals, off of Freemont next to Combo Taco is a good place (+52 638-388-9999). their rate includes Mexico auto insurance, pretty comparable prices to north of the border.

There are several places to rent an ATV as you go from Plaza Del Sol / Max's restaurant area toward Playa Bonita. Don't know their rates, but they're all concentrated in a small stretch of road.

Were you paying 300 pesos from Las Conchas regularly or was it a one time thing? It sounds really high.

Arizona
Level Contributor
1,439 posts
51 reviews
14 helpful votes
2. Re: Renting a car (or atv) daily. Any recommendations?

Not sure how long your stays are in Los Conchas, but have you considered renting a car away from Sky Harbor airport (far better rates), and just driving yourself to Rocky Point? What you save in shuttle costs would help offset the car rental price. Just a thought.

Reply to: Renting a car (or atv) daily. Any recommendations?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted