We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aguascalientes in one day

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
san diego
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Aguascalientes in one day

Hello: we will be doing a one day side trip to Ags this November and would appreciate ideas of what to do in that one day as well as where to eat.

Thanks so much!

San Miguel de...
Destination Expert
for San Miguel de Allende, Central Mexico and Gulf Coast
Level Contributor
6,814 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aguascalientes in one day

There is very little to actually 'do' in Aguascalientes. Visit the little Posada museum: he was born there but lived and worked in Mexico City. I also recall visiting the city museum but nothing about it so it couldn't have made much of an impression! The downtown area is quite pretty and it's very untouristy. I went to a graphics workshop, with stuff by local artists, and bought a woodblock print which I still have.

The thermal springs were a bit of a disappointment.

The French restaurant in the Andrea Hotel is said to be one of the best in the country, but that may not be what you are looking for.

Edited: 8:52 am, August 23, 2011
san diego
Level Contributor
106 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aguascalientes in one day

Thank you Londinense for the info.!

If I may ask, it was a toss up between Aguascalientes and San Luis Potosi. If you have been to SLP, would you perhaps recommend going there instead for the day?

Thanks so much for taking the time out to reply. It is greatly appreciated!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aguascalientes in one day

kokoa - where are you doing your side-trip FROM? I agree that Aguascalientes is dull but San Luis is really not much better. If we knew where you are coming from maybe we could suggest somewhere else!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aguascalientes in one day

I beg to disagree, Aguascalientes is not a dull place at all.

One day in Aguascalientes is an excellent choice if you are into historic sites and architecture, especially if you are hopping between cities. The core or "Ensemble of the city of Aguascalientes" (from the main square to the garden and church of San Marcos) was designated as part of the silver route Unesco World Heritage Site. You can see its handsome downtown area, and its architecture, and its actually quite pretty. There are numerous museums and churches, plazas and gardens. Some hidden gems are the church of Guadalupe with its spectacular carved stone interior and exterior, and the camarin of the Temple of San Diego are a must. The temple of San Antonio is superb, one of the most beautiful churches in the area, quite unique and iconic, with its truly lavish gold guilded interior and magnificent paintings. The Museum of the Death is impressive, and the murals and government Palace are truly remarkable. It just strikes me sometimes how mexicans themselves won't give a true value to the treasures that they have. San Luiis Potosi is also very pretty, its whole historic center is Unesco World Heritage Site.

5. Re: Aguascalientes in one day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, October 02, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Aguascalientes
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now