We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunscape electricity (and alcohol)!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
montreal
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
sunscape electricity (and alcohol)!

I know they supply hair dryers, but I prefere to bring my own. Is the voltage the same as here?

And on a completely different note, how's the white wine? Anyone know if they serve bacardi rum?

Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sunscape electricity (and alcohol)!

I have read that there is 110v. plugs, so you should be all right.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
831 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunscape electricity (and alcohol)!

Copy form another post on electric below.

Some resorts, including the barcelo maya that we were at in January, have the two prong, but they are differant then the plugs we have in the rest of north america. If you look at some electrical plug-ins on your battery chargers, ect., they have a tall prong and a short prong. I think most outlets down there will accept two short prongs only. Look at the devices you are taking and see if the two metal prongs, on the cord plug are differant, if they are, they most likely will need the converters. My camera battery charger has two of the same prongs on the plug, but my phone cord has the "one tall and one short" prong and I needed the coverter for it. They are available at Radio Shack for a few bucks and are labeled as converters for the caribean. Always a good idea to bring a couple "three prong to two prong" convertors if anything you are bringing has a three prong plug. Hope that isn't to confusing.