We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

I wonder why people get married in Cancun.

Do they have enough money to fly in all their relatives and friends?

Isn't it a hassle for Grandpa and Grandma?

What's the matter with getting married at the hometown church and honeymooning in Cancun?

Just asking.

Sheffield, ENGLAND.
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

Im getting married in Mexico because it is always cold here in England and I want to be warm on my wedding day. I don't want a big, expensive church wedding either so one abroad fits the bill exactly. As it is my boyfriends and my day, anyone who wants to can pay for their own trip. I dont want all the hassle of organising it. So there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
494 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

Hi

I got married in Jamaica,

Reasons are

The weather as already said the weather in the UK is very unpredictable.

Neither my husband or I like to be the centre of attention and felt it would be more enjoyable for it to be just a few people.

We had been together for 10 years so a fairytale wedding did not seem to be appropriate.

Also I come from a very large family (my dad has 16 brothers and sisters!!!) I dont see them from one year to the next but I would have been expected to invite them to the wedding making the numbers about 300 with my husbands large family unfortunately I could not afford to feed and water all of these people.

Our parents came and a open invite was extened to everyone else.

Thats my life history (ha ha), I say do what makes you feel the best on your special day its all about the 2 of you and not about everyone else.

staten island New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

I too was married in Jamaica..............I think where you get married is a personal thing and a choice best made by the bride and groom. Me I didn't want my "in-laws" anywhere near me when I got married:)

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

Ah, it's a changed world.

"If thee dislikes thine in-laws, be very sure your new mate

will back you to the hilt in every single issue or be prepared for thy married life to be less than thee had hoped." --

Alexander Boswell

D.C.
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

AH, Poppa-Grandpa and his wisdom strikes again.

It's a shame he is too old to actually go to Cancun and experience it for himself. What will we do for guidance when he passes on???

Oregon
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

Wisdom. Yes.

xxxxxx
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: I Will Post This and then Duck - Weddings

Who wants to get married in a church anyways.....not me that's for sure. I didn't need the church's permission to get married.........What a load of baloney :/

A lot of people these days are Athiesitc, so don't want to get married in a church, so why not do it abroad where warm weather is pretty much guaranteed>?