We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villas del Mar

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
norway
Level Contributor
540 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Villas del Mar

Hi

Can anyone explain how the layout of the different buildings on Villas del Mar is. If I understand it correctly, building A is closest to the sea on the north side while C is closest on the south side. How do the numbers then relate to where the condo is. eg is C101 closest to the beach and then progressive numbers further away.

On building E, which end is E101, on the north side or the south side.

Does the north side of the resort (closest to the marina) get the evening sun or is it shaded by the buildings on the south side.

Hope somebody can help with this

Vindy

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
106 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villas del Mar

We stayed last year in unit C-105 which is ground level on the far right closest to the pools and very close to the sand. Numbers starting with 1 are on first floor, with C-104 to the left, and descending as you go left away from the pool. (That is facing the building from the beach).

I cant confirm which end E 101 is since we didn't stay in that building. I think building E sits more parallel to the beach from what I recall..the complex forms a horseshoe around the pools with A and C anchoring the complex on north and south. All other buildings are set further back from the ocean with the pools between them and the beach.

If you google "Villas del Mar Puerto Aventuras map" you will see an image showing how the buildings are situated on the property. That may help.

Happy to answer any other questions on VDM that I can.

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
106 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villas del Mar

Oh and to answer your question about the sun...the buildings are set so far apart with huge pools in between that they do not shadow each other at all. In face one of my least favorite things about that complex is the pools are in a wide open space with no shade at all. The center building in back (which I believe is E) is taller and will shadow the back edge of the pool closest to it in late afternoon, but there is still plenty of sun everywhere else.

norway
Level Contributor
540 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villas del Mar

Hi Pamela C

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to get a feel about which building/unit will get some late afternoon sun when sitting outside on the terrace. This is when we enjoy the sun the best, when it has lost its burning heat and is just pleasant.

I guess that sitting outside building E, facing the beach, we will not get any sun at all. How was it in C building, did you get the late afternoon sun there. Would building D be the one that gets the best afternoon sun.

I am sure I will have lots more questions if we decide to go to VDM, which i am leaning towards. we have never been to mexico before and are planning our trip in July this year. looking forward to it.

Vindy

norway
Level Contributor
540 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villas del Mar

Hi

Just seen a picture of the complex with Buildings D and C marked as being on the south side. Then I assume that Building B will be the one that gets late afternoon sun.

Has anybody stayed in this building?

vindy

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
106 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villas del Mar

The entire complex faces east in the direction of Cozumel so all of the balconies are facing towards that direction...one idea would be to get one of their penthouse units ... Those have rooftop balconies with sun from all directions...otherwise you will lose the sun when it goes low enough to be blocked by the taller E building.

C building faced the ocean more parallel and our ground level unit lost the sun pretty early on the patio (by 2 pm in mid summer)... Or the pool is just a few steps away from any ground level unit and you have full sun out there.

Toronto
Level Contributor
236 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villas del Mar

I am about to book a four bedroom in Building d - I understand the beach is soft sand and no rocks as they were pushed out so great with kids - we will have three with us and it is close to the marina? Would love to hear confirmation before I book

Thanks

Ponte Vedra Beach...
Level Contributor
106 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villas del Mar

VDM is Closest to the nicest beach in PA in my opinion...there is a smooth sand all along the shoreline, but there are a few rocks here and there, and just in front of the VDM complex, there is a man-made barrier that has been erected to protect the beach from erosion...there is a small pass-thru between the rocks to go out into the open ocean...even beyond the rocks you can stand neck high in the water and it is clear and beautiful...

The beach has great shade from palm trees and palapas...there is a guy on the beach all day who will arrange your chairs however you want them (tip him at least once for the week)...there are even a couple of palapas between the pool and the sand so you can keep an eye on the kids and have access to both.

You are just a few minutes walk from the pools to the marina, passing the parking lot behind building B there is a gate and then you cross the street and you are there!

The setting is nearly perfect but my only caution would be to make sure you rent a unit that is renovated ... We had a few maintenance issues...This is an older complex so some of that is to be expected.

Boulder,Co
Level Contributor
10 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villas del Mar

Hello..the beach is in overall poor condition..they have put temporary barriers in the water to help with sand retention..they will be putting in a artificial reef (but nobody knows when..if they say they do..they are guessing)

the beach area in front of VDM is not bad..the barriers are about 100 feet out..so there is a nice area for kids to hang out..but it's difficult to get out further to snorkel..have fun..Puerto Aventuras is a beautiful place!!

Capt.Ron

Phoenix, Arizona
3 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Villas del Mar

E102 definitely get the afternoon sun and is a 5 star condo. You can look it up on puertoaventurasrentals.com - The unit is called Casa Alegria.

norway
Level Contributor
540 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villas del Mar

sja33

I had seen E102 on puertoaventurasrentals.com but the cost for this unit is $600 more than what some of the other 2 bed units are and I dont think its worth that for a couple of hours of sun.

Vinndy