We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATV Jungle Tours

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
ATV Jungle Tours

Hi...will be at Xpu Ha March 12-19. Has anyone used ATV Explorer Jungle Tours? I've checked out their website...looks like fun. How long is it from Xpu Ha? Any info will be much appreciated. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Xpu-ha Beach
Xpu-ha Beach
834 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
staten island New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ATV Jungle Tours

I have done 3 Atv tours and Rancho Loma Bonita is best around!

http://www.lomabonitamex.com/

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATV Jungle Tours

Thanks sargodd....i checked their website...don't see $$. How much? Close to Xpu Ha? Looks like 1/2 day adventure...Am I right? What makes loma better? Looking for myself and my son (11)..sorry for all the ??..hope you don't mind.

Mentioned in this post
Xpu-ha Beach
Xpu-ha Beach
834 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
staten island New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ATV Jungle Tours

Hey Luv

My son (12) and I have done two others and found the one at sunscape to be downright dangerous and boring. Loma is well run and professional and the riders are grouped based upon ability. The course is diverse with some serious single track jungle and an awesome beach and sand bowl.

Atv adventure outside of Playa is decent as well but Loma rates with me.

Olympus runs a tour to all of them and it costs around $90 us for two with lunch and ride. Loma is about a half hour ride from Xpu Ha.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ATV Jungle Tours

Hey Sargodd....thanks for all your help! We've never done ATVing before and I thought my son would love it (me too, kid at heart). How did you book yours...website or when you got to your resort? Not knowing what the weather might bring, I tend to wait to book a tour upon arriving. How dirty might we get? Did you ride double? Thanks again!

staten island New...
Level Contributor
58 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ATV Jungle Tours

Hey Walks...............Yes I got covered in mud! I own a machine and was right behind our guide and I sort of looked for as much mud as possible.

My son and I rode double, The tour had 3 groups spilt up on abilty so it's really as daring or safe as the rider wants. Most resorts have this Loma as an option but like I said ATV adventure outside of PDC is a viable option.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ATV Jungle Tours

Thanks Sargodd....i'll probably make a spur of the moment decision when I get there. A friend recommended ATV Explorer and said they were good too...decisions decisions!