We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just a few questions...only one week left:)

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Oslo
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just a few questions...only one week left:)

1) Have anyone done the horseriding, is it safe and with well bahaved horses and good instructors?

2) Are there good shopping in puerto aventuras or playa del carmen, any shops to recomend?

3) Any special resturant that we must visit, a romantic one, relaxed?

4) what dont we want to miss doing during our vacation?

5) should we bring dollars, beside for the tip or should we use the atms when we arrive and take out pesos?

some important tips?

thank you very much

minneapolis, mn
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Grand Marais
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just a few questions...only one week left:)

If you're looking to shop, head in to Playa...there's more variety.

Be sure to have a margarita at Gringo Dave's in the evening, the atmosphere is very nice.

It's nice to have a few dollars in your pocket for tips, etc on arrival, but we typically use the ATM's for cash. Just don't arrive with no cash, our wallets were a bit light on arrival in January and we found out the only working ATM was in Playa...had to bum a ride with friends to get cash...that was embarrassing!

Be sure to get out and snorkel the reefs...it's the 2nd longest coral reef on earth and is truly amazing!

If you're still in town on the 22nd, maybe we'll see you around town!

Davenport, Iowa
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just a few questions...only one week left:)

fisk

I agree Gringo Daves is a must alot of fun I cant speak for the margaritas but thier MOJITOS (drinks) are wonderful!!!!

We just used dollars and that worked out just fine I think we brought $150.00 in ones and some smaller bills because if you give them a 20 and you bill was 8.00 they gave you pesos back and two times I got cheated (I was not fast enough at counting my pesos)

Have fun and order a mojito at gringo Daves.

Oslo
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Just a few questions...only one week left:)

Thank you for your replies and good help. We will be sure to visit Gringo Daves, and try out the reefs,have never been snorkeling so that will be fun. We'll be there until the 28 so see you around.Just 7 days left..

Oslo
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just a few questions...only one week left:)

Thank you for your replies and good help. We will be sure to visit Gringo Daves, and try out the reefs,have never been snorkeling so that will be fun. We'll be there until the 28 so see you around.Just 7 days left..

5. Re: Just a few questions...only one week left:)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 15, 2009