We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape Hotel Question:

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunscape Hotel Question:

Can anybody please tell me how much time from the airport to sunscape hotel, and is the snorklink any good around there? Thank you for your info>

ohio
Level Contributor
573 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunscape Hotel Question:

I'd say it took us about 1 hour and 15 minutes or so? I may be wrong on that. We had our bus driver stop at a gas station so the 6 of us in the bus could buy some beer for the ride down.

Snorkeling is very good. You can even find conch shells in the morning if you go out early enough. Some days the surf was a little rougher than others. Please be careful. We did witness a gentleman almost drown out there one afternoon.

Chicago
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunscape Hotel Question:

Thank you so much tweek. Another question: How far are the shopping areas from the hotel?My wife looooooooves shopping(show me a woman that does not. Ha Ha). Thank you again.

Chicago
Level Contributor
84 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunscape Hotel Question:

Thank you so much tweek. Another question: How far are the shopping areas from the hotel?My wife looooooooves shopping(show me a woman that does not. Ha Ha). Thank you again.

ohio
Level Contributor
573 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunscape Hotel Question:

The marina - Puerto Aventuras is about a 5-10 minute walk? It is really close. I even walked over there one day by my self. There is a huge area with the swimming with dolphins, seals & manatees. There are a few shops and restaurants, deep sea fishing and catamaran tours.

But if she really likes to shop, I suggest taking a taxi one day into Playa Del Carmen. It's about $15 one way. But this is where you have street after street full of vendors, fancy shops, etc. this is where the cruise ships come in. We even stopped in Walmart to check it out! Over all though, it was just way too hot and I do like to shop. We didn't buy a thing. Ended up shopping in the airport b/4 our flight home. Bought alcohol, cigarettes and a silver necklace.