We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice on Barcelo Maya Palace please!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Beloit, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Need some advice on Barcelo Maya Palace please!

Hello everyone! Your posts have been very helpful but I have a couple questions that I'm hoping you all could help with. Traveling in a couple weeks to this resort with hubby & our 1yo child. I found a video of how the corner suites are set up & it's exactly what I'm looking for. Does anyone know how to get those rooms and are they considered an upgrade?? We were looking at an upgrade to the family suites, since neither of us want to go to bed at 7 when she does...she's a light sleeper and requires lights out and no sound. I figured a family suite would be best as we could have her in a separate room but I'm not crazy about the idea of being all the way at the back of the resort (where I've heard these are located), as I'm sure we'll be doing a lot of back and forth to the room. Any suggestions?

I'm also wondering about the cribs provided...are they guaranteed to be available? Do we need to reserve one ahead of time? Would hate to bring the pack n play for no reason but would also hate to not have a place for her to sleep. And does anyone know if these are regular type cribs or pack n plays?

Any other general advice on this resort/room situation, etc with a 1 yo?

Lastly, has anyone been successful using the resort credit voucher for a room upgrade? Read a review that stated he was not able to use it but I was a little confused as to why....sorry for the long post but thanks!!!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,791 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some advice on Barcelo Maya Palace please!

Those corner suites are upgrades to the Club Premium upgrade! There are only 12 of them and they are very popular: one on each floor of the East facing ends of the non-smoking Michoacan wing and the smoking permitted Oaxaca wing. Cribs are not pack n' play style - they are rolled into your room. You must request one ahead of time and availability is never guaranteed. The resort vouchers are so-restrictive as to be useless. If you do intend to use one, be sure you present it at the time you are reserving or requesting the goods or service as they will not apply them retroactively! And they are also only applied against full face value and not against any negotiated or discounted prices!

Keep your one year old well-hydrated, sun-protected, and avoid letting her ingest the tap or pool water! Should you need it, the medical center is located at the Colonial resort next door.

Beloit, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some advice on Barcelo Maya Palace please!

Thank you TravelPro! That was another question (about the water) I had thought about asking, then decided not to....I'm not quite sure what to do about washing her bottles. Do I need to use bottled water for this? It seems like such a waste if I do but certainly don't want her to get sick!!

Edmonton
Level Contributor
8,300 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some advice on Barcelo Maya Palace please!

I've been to the Barceló twice with my babies and to many resorts with all 3 of them over the years (they are 10, 8 and 2 now and one on the way) and I have always used the tap water to wash their bottles in the resort and never had a problem. I mix my formula with bottled water since it's so readily available. Never an issue:)

Beloit, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some advice on Barcelo Maya Palace please!

Thank you!

5. Re: Need some advice on Barcelo Maya Palace please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 31, 2014