We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Was Wonderful!

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia Was Wonderful!

We just got back June 9 from a week's stay at the Catalonia. We loved it!

If you plan to use the internet to email your family, friends, or business associates (you poor soul!!), you'll want to take a handful of peso coins. It is pretty cheap--one peso/minute (about a dime a minute), but it is coin operated, and the front desk does not have small peso coins or even small bills.

I posted pictures at community.webshots.com/album/551243072glgkJE -- many of which are underwater photos taken at the resort.

Any questions?

Louisiana
Level Contributor
212 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

Just got back to, we were on the Yucatan side...loved this resort.

Snorkeling was good to !

Great pics !

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

Great Pics LL, I want to get back there soooo bad!

England
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

LoveLabradors

I am so pleased you had such a great time, as I know you were really excited about going. Did your kids find lots to keep them out of mischief. I am going to have a quick look to see if I can find your photos but I am eating my breakfast and getting ready for work – life no fun when you are not on holiday!!

Lizzie

England
Level Contributor
311 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

Your photos were fantastic.

I especially liked the family photo of you all, oops now I am late for work

Lizzie

Davenport, Iowa
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

LL GREAT photos We were there in Feb and miss it so much!!! I saw the photo of your husband at the show during the rose show my husband also was part of that show I never laughed so hard in my life!!! the whole trip was AMAZING!!! We will be back!

texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

LoveLabradors,

Thank you so much for the beautiful pictures! My family and I are leaving on the 22nd, and now, after seeing these pictures, are more excited than ever. I am glad you had such a great time, and thanks for taking all of those wonderful pictures!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

All: Thanks for the compliments on the pics--I took over 300!! Most of those were underwater, and I really couldn't tell through the viewfinder what I was taking a picture of, so I just sort of aimed my camera towards the object and clicked, clicked, clicked. I love digital technology!

Lizzie, there was PLENTY to keep the kids out of mischief! The "A Team" kept the activites going throughout the day (ping-pong, beach volleyball, pool volleyball, pool basketball, water polo, contests, water arobics, dance lessons...oh my!). There were plenty of other kids there, too. My two were pretty tuckered out after spending most of the day in the sun that they went back to the room for a couple of hours each afternoon to "chill" before dinner. (They brought their small portable DVD players and some movies.) Up at the lobby bar there is pool, another ping-pong table and foozeball. My 12-year-old was tuckered out by 9:30 each day and both slept in until I awoke them at about 9:00 the next day (very, very rare for my 12 year old--he's usually up at dawn!). The community of Puerto Aventuras has a very safe feel to it, as it is gated and manned with a security guard (who is keeping tabs on everybody coming in & going out). We felt very comfortable leaving the kids (12 & 15) at the activities pool while hubby & I walked over to the Looky bar or did some snorkeling. The kids weren't shy about going to get some food if they were hungry or get a drink if they wanted. It was, at times, like having a vacation from being a "Mom". Your family will have a terrific time--I didn't want to leave!

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

Hi LL

I really did try to look for you before we left. We ended up going over to Gringo Daves on Friday night and then to the Looky Bar for one (or two) last drinks. Did meet up with "JulesTravel" lots of times though.

I'm going to check out your picutres. Haven't got mine put on the computer yet. My computer is sick, but I might be able to post a picutre of my brothers sail fish that I just received by e-mail.

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

Great pictures! I can't wait to go back!

Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
875 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catalonia Was Wonderful!

Hey, Kelstoney! I looked for you, too! Within a few minutes of our arrival, while walking on the beach, I had somebody come up to be and say, "Excuse me, but do you do Trip Advisor?" It was JJ06 and she recognized us from my description ("Kenny Rogers with a tall Harry Potter"). Too funny! It was great meeting up with them and txtreasure, too. Maybe next time we'll have more than a day's overlap and we can 'buy' each other that drink. We had too much fun...I hate this 'work' stuff in the 'real' world!