We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Catalonia Riviera Maya

Hi all,

We will be staying at CAT soon. I believe we booked just a regular room. Seems like everyone is suggesting to upgrade. How much more it would be for 2 adults and 2 kids for 9 nights. Any ideas? If to upgrade during the check-in - do they accept Credit Cards? Is it wise perhaps to call ahead and try to upgrade directly with the resort?

What would be the most kids friendly (close to activities, but not too close to main traffic or parking lot) buildings and rooms?

Also, are the regular room that bad? And what I would be limiting myself to if I would not get an upgrade.

Thanks in advance for your info!

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya

Towel game is mainly during busy seasons. We go in October-November and really didn't need to worry about towel games.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya

We go in June or July and don't really have an issue either.

Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya

Do they teach spanish lessons ?

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya

Yes they do!!

Loxley, Alabama
Level Contributor
170 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya

I just received an email from the resort. This is the cost that they gave me for two adults.

Privileged Suite. 35 usd p/p per night Privileged superior 25 usd p/p per night

From what I have read on reviews, others have gotten much better prices. They gave me the option to go ahead and reserve and pay when I get there. I am going to wait to see what I am offered at the resort. This is too much for us considering the amount of time we spend in the room.

Has anyone gotten a better price?

Union, Oregon
Level Contributor
4,106 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya

I have found way better prices on the sites like Orbitz, Cheap Caribbean, and others. We always upgrade before we get there.

Edited: 12:25 pm, December 14, 2013
17. Re: Catalonia Riviera Maya

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, December 16, 2014