We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Level Contributor
384 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

Does the Barcelo ever respond to your e-mails for room requests...or do you just hope that they have received it....from passed reviews many have stated that they don't usually honour room requests.

LM by Inmense
LM by Inmense
#2 of 17 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Barcelo Maya Tropical
Barcelo Maya Tropical
#7 of 17 hotels in Puerto Aventuras
Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

I sent an email request one week prior to arrival and to three different addys giving them our name, booking number, arrival date and tour operator. I gave them a fairly general room request; Oaxaca Building/Palace, 2nd floor or higher, near our travel companions and as close to the ocean end as possible. I got this response less than a day later;

"I confirm that your request is in our system just remember still subject to availability, but we will try to give you the best that we have"

That's pretty much what we ended up getting. Also, in our room was "welcome back" bottle of champagne, fruit basket and a personalized letter thanking us for being a "fan" on their facebook page (which I also posted on af few days prior to our arrival). It was pretty clear they had us ID'd, and did the best they could. We were more than satisfied.

Mentioned in this post
Oaxaca
Oaxaca
Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
384 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

gosh..just sent our request in yesterday but no response as of yet ...

Airdrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

Have e-mailed back and forth for the last couple of days. In the past we had the same quick response.

Level Contributor
384 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

So have you had a recent response from them and if so what e-mail are you sending your messages to?

Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

The 3 email addresses I used were; fan, reservas01 and reservas06 , all @barcelomaya.com. Reply I got was from "reservas06" with a copy to those other addresses.

This is the same approached I used last year as well, and with the same outcome, a reply back and we got a room pretty much where we wanted it.

YS

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
1,484 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

I always use "FAN" and always get a reply.. basic but still get one..

Level Contributor
384 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

I have tried the fan e-mail twice now and still no response...will try one of the others..thanks

Michigan
Level Contributor
145 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

Post on the Facebook page too. When are you arriving? Don't send anything until within a week of arrival.

Level Contributor
384 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

Well have tried all the suggestions regarding room requests and still no response from the hotel...the other couple that is going with us, also have not received a response and we have both tried the different e-mail addresses...not sure what we are doing incorrectly. Guess we will just have to hope

Chicago
Level Contributor
236 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barcelo Room requests...does the hotel ever respond....

We are going to Barcelo Maya Colonial, what e-mail should I use for a room request -

reservas06 @barcelomaya.com ?

Could you please recommend a building closer to the the beach and away from the theater?

Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Maya Colonial
Barcelo Maya Colonial
6,838 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico