We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting rooms...Barcelo Palace and a mom's worry

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,028 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting rooms...Barcelo Palace and a mom's worry

So I was able to book 2 rooms at Barcelo Maya Palace. We have traveled in the US and always been able to get connecting rooms. I didnt think a lot about this being an issue, but I am now starting to wonder if this could be a significant issue. Our 15 and 12 yr old are as big as us and we really need 3 beds as they are too big for sofa beds etc...so we have to have 2 rooms. How likely are the 2 rooms connecting? Woke up worrying (my job right?). Anyone else faced this issue?

Mentioned in this post
Barcelo Maya Palace
Barcelo Maya Palace
8,446 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,803 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting rooms...Barcelo Palace and a mom's worry

There is very limited availability of connecting rooms at the Palace, and this has been an issue for past guests. You can try to send your request in, but no-sooner than 10 days prior to arrival along with your tour operator's name and booking number to: fan@barcelomaya.com

As an alternative, request rooms that are atleast adjacent to each other.

Happy Travels!

2. Re: Connecting rooms...Barcelo Palace and a mom's worry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 27, 2014