We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

Just booked our wedding at Catalonia Yucatan, will be our 3rd stay so were familiar with the hotel and its amenities but would like to hear about wedding experiences. Sounds like the wedding planner has changed since these reviews it's now Noel Maria. Saw 4 weddings the week we got engaged at the hotel but didn't want to disturb them and ask a million questions

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

Hi Natasha,

I am having my wedding March 13th at the CAT. The planning has been going pretty well. Just wanted to warn you the wedding planner started out not replying very quickly etc. and I was a bit concerned, but I think thats how it works when your wedding date is far away they take longer to get back to you now that my wedding is approaching quickly she has been very prompt in responding. Also just found out today that although she is the wedding planner I have been dealing with when I get there the "on Site" wedding coordinator is Gabriela who I believe is the coordinator I have read so much about in the reviews etc. this worries me a little bit because I have had no contact with her yet but I am sure everythig will work out great!! Feel free to ask me any questions I would be happy to help out if I can.

Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

Congrats and hope it all goes well! When did you book with the hotel? Have you been before? I'm trying to find a photographer and the best priced date in jan since the quote we just got is much more than we paid to go without a group this year

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

We secured our rate in May I think for our March wedding. Not sure where you are coming from but our quote was 1600 (for the standard room) and not much more for upgrades. Yes we have been there before and loved it, of course we paid alot less too because we didn't book until about a month before. We have 90 people coming! so we did get some benefits back from Transat for having such a large group that we are using to make the reception great and the wedding package was free because we had over 200 room nights booked. What was the quote they gave you?

Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

Wow that's. huge wedding. We were quoted $13xx a person, expected about 20-25 so no kick backs. Just debating what package to get for the ceremony, torn between the $599 and $949 what's the big difference? Just found out we get a big tent which is great for guests but the 3 weddings I saw the week we were down this January they didn't have one wonder why. Are you getting. Yuppa? I'm thinking to get fake flowers and my own centrepieces because I'm allergic to flowers. Have they been flexible with you bringing your own stuff?

Must be so exciting cant wait to see your pics,, good luck :)

Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

How was your wedding? My coworker was at the resort the same week and was telling me today she was at a beach party w a big wedding from Calgary, I'm guessing that was yours! They had a great time with your dad dancing:) how was your wedding?

Winnipeg, Manitoba...
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

lol, thats funny was probably us! The wedding was great. We had a meeting with the coordinator the day after we got there and made some last minute decisions. There were no surprises in terms of costs or anything. I dropped off a few things for decorating at the ceremony and reception and they took care of everything. Everything turned out beautiful! and I worried about none of it, it was so nice to just enjoy the day and show up. My guests were all pretty happy with the resort choice and all agreed the wedding was the most beautiful they had been to. Picking a resort for everyone is always a little daunting but it truned out to be a great choice. The best part is the location being walking distance to the Marina was great, we rented a golf cart for $150 dollars for the week (4 seater) and it was perfect for those who can't walk far or those who don't want to lol. Let me know if you have any questions.

Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

We're really tore between dreams and catalonia. Dreams has included wedding package vs cat we have to pay for everything. What options would you say we could go without at cat? Debating on private meal to save some.

Did you get any complimentary wedding upgrades?

8. Re: Weddings at Catalonia Yucatan Mayan rivière?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 28, 2014