We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overbooked at Barcelo Maya Palace??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
13 posts
Save Topic
Overbooked at Barcelo Maya Palace??

Travelling to this resort mid-Feb 2013 with family.

2 years ago we went to Occidental Xcaret.

They tried to send us to Occidental Cozumel as they said they were overbooked....

I said no way!......

Has anyone heard of this happening at Barcelo...

ie...pay for Palace and get bumped down to Tropical or Colonial...or Beach....

What is my recourse if this happens...?

Whats the chance???

Texas
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya, Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Overbooked at Barcelo Maya Palace??

I have never heard of anyone being bumped from the Palace to one of the cheaper hotels. You may want to ask this on the unofficial barcelo maya message board and you may get a different answer.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
581 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overbooked at Barcelo Maya Palace??

I've read about people being bumped between equal resorts (ie Caribe/Beach and between Colonial/Tropica)l and I've read about people being bumped up - but I can't recall reading about people being downgraded. I would think they would try hard to avoid this.

3. Re: Overbooked at Barcelo Maya Palace??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 02, 2014