We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transfer to EDSS

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northumberland...
Level Contributor
71 posts
45 reviews
Airport Transfer to EDSS

We have the standard coach transfer from the airport to EDSS. Is it worth arranging a private taxi transfer? Not keen on sitting around for ages at the airport and then dropping off at numerous resorts on the way.

Or is the coach transfer reasonable?

Manchester England
Level Contributor
46 posts
65 reviews
1. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

If you are travelling with First Choice like we did then you get dropped off first, its no great hassle, get a beer from the guys who stand by where the coaches line up,we didnt wait long for all the passengers to get on board.

The journey to EDSS was 1 hour 15 minutes in an air conditioned coach

romford
Level Contributor
4,407 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

We used Lomas Travel who have a desk within the EDSS. Transfer took approx 1hr. We are staying at the ERM this year and we have a private transfer included, but had we not, we would have used Lomas again as we were very pleased with their service. Think we paid around £140 for the return trip ... that was in a 4x4.

USA Transfers seem to get very good reviews on here, and I believe they are cheaper than Lomas.

Think the transfer time by coach is approx 1.5hrs.

Regards,

Pat

Level Contributor
166 posts
1 review
3. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

hi stayed here last year and i would definitly get a taxi...a taxi from outside the airport will cost no more then 40 pound each way(probablycheaper) and will be way quicker. our transfer took over 2 hours!

Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
4. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

Hi

We go on the 30/1 and I have pre booked USA transfers for a private transfer for $120 return trip...all seems very proffessional and they get good reviews. After a long long flight, we just want to get out of the airport and get on our way so I think its worth every penny. If people get held up in the airport the coach has to wait for them, have had that before. Also, private will get us there faster so no checking in with loads of other people meaning we can get to that bar much quicker....got to be worth £80 ish in my book.

Michelle

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
71 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Think your comments have just swayed it Michelle!! Where did you get the details of USA transfers?

Stuart and Linda

Southern California
Level Contributor
10,711 posts
1 review
6. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

Here is their site:

http://www.usa-transfers.com/

You can also book through their parent company, entertainment-plus.net.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
737 posts
7. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

How about a taxi to the Barcelo? What about in US dollars would this cost us?

Thanks

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
38,015 posts
8. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

taxi out of the airports are very expensive - likely more than $100 US

Thus the experts recommend private trasnfers

Bestsis: Do you know if you use US$ for taxis, you lose an instant 30% than using pesos

Croydon, Surrey
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
9. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

I dont think youwill regret it Stuart and Linda!

Bestsis if you go on www.usa-transfers.com they list all the hotels and areas and how much the cab will be.

MIchelle

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
737 posts
10. Re: Airport Transfer to EDSS

thanks Michelle, I looked on this site, but? did not see a price from airport to Barcelo?

we are traveling Calgary AB to Barcelo Palace in March, we have transfers, but prefer a ? guess I thought a taxi, but now reading I think I need to book a 3 person transfer?

Thanks everyone