We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Suites

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Royal Suites

Booked today for May 2013! Can't wait! Any suggestions?? Favorite restaurants? Drinks? Only a few months to wait :)

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Suites

If you are at the Royal Suites Palladium my favorite restaurant is EL Jardin which is for the Royal suites guests only.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Suites

Thanks! We'll definitely check out El Jardin.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Suites

Have your butler book one of the private outdoor tables at mare nostrum

That is one of my favorite dinners

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
11,090 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Suites

A lot of poeple poo poo mare nostrum because they list the beef as veal but it is not veal. It is beef. Wonderful restaurant.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Suites

Awesome we'll have to check it out and do men really need long pants for all the ala cartes? Seems a little silly since it'll be pretty warm in May. At the VIM it was required only in the french restaurant so just wanted to clarify if its a requirement for all at the RS.

ladysmith, bc...
Destination Expert
for Akumal
Level Contributor
1,901 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Suites

Yes men really do need long pants. i have seen more than a few turned away because they didn't have them

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
151 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Suites

Ok good to know, thanks!

Madison,WI
Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Suites

Iit is silly that all ala carte restaurants require men to wear long pants since I saw women wearing the most crazy ripped jeans or short shorts to get into the restaurants but whatever...

My favorite meal was at El Jardin but it took a little bit to get to it. The first night we had the Chef's tasting menu and it was good. The second time we went, I tried to order the surf and turf like others suggested but they insisted only one or the other so I got the lobster. Again, it was okay but nothing great. Some drawn butter would have helped, but we never saw the waiter again to ask. My husband loved his steak. The next time (we were there for 10 days, we had to check it out again) we told the waiter that our neighbor on the resort insisted that we try the surf and turf and finally got the T bone and cocout shirmp and it was amazing!

As for drinks, the RIviera Maya and coco loco are great, the Moulin Rouge is surprisingly good and the coffee drinks are beautiful and delicious. They have drink menus at every bar so don't worry about what to ask for!

Richmond, BC
Level Contributor
5,376 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Suites

Just a not to anyone that is going to go for the Chef's tasting menu at the El Jardin - you need to pre-book it a day before as the seating is limited.

Ball Ground, GA
Level Contributor
99 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Suites

You will absolutely LOVE the royal suites. We have stayed in the Mayan suite 3 times and enjoy the privacy. El Jardin is our favorite restaurant....espcially for breakfast.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras