We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distilled water

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
alliston
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
distilled water

Does any know if distilled water can be purchased any where near barcelo maya tropical,it is used for medical eqipment.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
12,722 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distilled water

I once went with a person who needed distilled water for this reason. Contact the resort Customer relations or a similar contact and they should be able to arrange that. Sorry I don't have a contact for that resort.

Vancouver
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Quintana Roo, Puerto Morelos
Level Contributor
44,143 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: distilled water

Try the Chedrau store in PA

They will have this (or the local Pharmacias)

I noted 2 from LocoGringo

Farmacia Paris - Pharmacy in Puerto Aventuras

Pharmacy

Accepts Credit Cards. Open 7:00 am - 7:00 pm, Closed on Sundays

First Aid Pharmacy - Pharmacy in Puerto Aventuras

Pharmacy. Phone #984-873-5305. 24hrs service call #984-801-8306

Location: Marina Puerto Aventuras Open 9:00 am - 11:00 pm, daily

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,799 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distilled water

No need to go off-resort! Distilled water is available at the on-site Barcelo shops as well as the on-site pharmacy.

Calgary
Destination Expert
for Akumal, Riviera Maya, Cancun
Level Contributor
24,430 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: distilled water

I don't know what "medical equipment" you use but if it's for a CPAP machine, as per my therapist's recommendation, I simply used tap water in mine for two weeks with absolutely no ill effects at all. I just cleaned it with vinegar (and soap, of course) when I returned home.

At the risk of stating the obvious, make sure you carry it as hand luggage - don't even think about putting something that valuable and that breakable in your checked luggage. I won't even put mine in the overhead bin in case someone gets a bit enthusiastic about cramming their case in next to mine.

As a CPAP is medical equipment, it does NOT count as part of your hand luggage and you will be allowed to carry it on the plane with you. I always carry the requisite documentation with mine confirming what it is and what it's used for but no-one has ever asked to see it. In fact, from the reaction of security personnel at the airport, it's clearly something they are very familiar with.

Of course, if your enquiry doesn't pertain to a CPAP, then all this is moot!

5. Re: distilled water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, December 30, 2013