We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Missouri
Level Contributor
475 posts
108 reviews
Save Topic
Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

Booked through Apple and have free transport to Catalonia, but is it really going to take 3 hours or more to get there? Anyone gone recently that can tell me how long bus ride is?

Mentioned in this post
Catalonia Riviera Maya
Catalonia Riviera Maya
10,100 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
texas
Level Contributor
54 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

I have booked through Worry-free Vacations, with free transportation also, and hope it doesn't really take that long!!! However we are already getting in on a late afternoon flight anyway, so I figure the day is shot anyway. Maybe we can check out all of the other resorts along the way and make notes for another time!

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

Why would it take 3 hours? It only took us a little over an hour.

Missouri
Level Contributor
475 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

Read a post that said it could take 3 to 4 hours. Was really hoping is wasn't going to take that long. I can handle an hour. Thanks!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
13,539 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

Yup. Tranfer through some of these companies are painful. It should not take more than 45 mins. Can take hours both ways. I always use private transfer through AGI.

www.agitours.com

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

We had to stop at another resort both ways and it only took maybe 65 min. max.

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

If it takes that long, I think I would get out of the bus at the next resort, have them collect your bags and get a taxi. If you are anywhere close to Playa del Carmen, the taxi ride shouldn't cost you anymore than $14. But best thing, is to just relax, enjoy the scenery, most bus transports have a guide that informs you of the area etc... along the way and that makes the trip seem shorter. Really, don't think it will take you that long. One good thing, everyone will be anxious to get out of the bus and proceed with their vacation. Good Luck!

Mentioned in this post
Playa del Carmen
Playa del Carmen
Riviera Maya, Mexico
central Calif
Level Contributor
1,035 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

The post you saw was probibly talking about how long it takes to get out of the airport plus the drive.

Forest City, IA
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

We went to the Catalonia in January and hired a private transfer through Cancun Valet for $125 roundtrip. We did not have luggage checked in so we got in our van immediately and were to the Catalonia by noon. We later talked to people on our flight that didn't arrive at the Catalonia until 3:00 so yes, it can take awhile. The buses wait until they are full and then they stop at many resorts so who knows? On our return trip to the airport we left at 9:00 AM and the bus we were supposed to take left at 6:30 AM. We thought that the $125 spent was well worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Catalonia Riviera Maya
Catalonia Riviera Maya
10,100 Reviews
Puerto Aventuras, Mexico
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
kansas city
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it really going to take 3 hours to get to hotel?

I have been going to playa for about 5 years now and always booked thru funjet. Some years it took us anywhere from 60-90 minutes. That was from getting our lugguge and getting to playa. We went ahead and got a non-stop transfer this year because we are staying at the Catalonia. I know that on the bus we would have had to stop at other hotels to drop off and I didn't want to waste any more of my vacation then I had to. I would book a non-stop transfer if I were you. Just because of the location of your hotel.