We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
West Milford, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

This sounds like a great deal, and I am pretty close to booking a couple of Presidentials,but am having some 2nd thoughts. What do you think the construction will be like in The middle of July? I just found out that they are closing the resort on August 1st. Do you think the Cove side will be open in July? Do you think with the resort closing, the menus and drink selection will be very limited?

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

WA
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

We decided the price was worth the little bit of hassle we might experience. Everything I read about how they generally handle construction was that they make it as unobtrusive as possible, or they might allow us to move to HR Cancun (Cancun Palace) as they did to those guests unhappy with construction at HR Cancun recently (they were moved to ASP.) From what I read, the Cove side is supposed to be finished in April so I would hazard a guess it will be open in mid July (which is when we will be there too). Where did you hear/read they are closing the resort August 1?

Thanks and hope it works out for you.

West Milford, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

Thanks for your reply. I'm happy to hear that you are going about the same time also.

Yesterday when I made the reservation, I asked the reservationist about the construction going on during our stay. He looked up the dates and said that the resort was closing from August 1st through October. I find that a little odd, with the resort staying open during the Cove renovation.

Indiana
Level Contributor
46 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

My wife and I are planning on staying at the Aventura Spa Palace in a Concierge room in late February 2013. Does anyone have any info on what we can expect so far as what will be open as far as restaurants at the Cove and Spa sides at that time and will there be construction/remodeling going on at the Spa side. It's hard to get a straight answer out of the Palace folks.

Smithers
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

We were at ASP in October and while we were at the informational meeting we were told the grand opening would be in August. I am not sure which information is correct.

We had a great time in October and are planning to go back for 2 weeks in May 2013. As far as I know the Cove side is scheduled to be closed then but the way the resort is set up there is enough amenities on either side as it is a huge place.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
12,827 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

LOL - and when we talked with the Legendary guys here, they told us main construction would begin on the Cove side in April (they are taking bookings through April there, then closing and should re-open August) and the Spa side closing in August, then re-opening Oct., as they are taking bookings through end of July. No info on how they are working the shows for Spa side while Cove side is closed - that will be interesting as all the shows are currently at the Cove side, either Patio, ballroom or disco. Maybe the convention center?

Lot's of conflicting info out there - no one seems to be able to give a definitive answer. As the Cove is apparently open till at least April, I don't imagine the construction will be intrusive till then, if it does start in January. I guess we will all wait and see! It is definitely time for some updates/makeovers, etc on both sides - the resort is great, but a little tired in some places. Will be happy to see the changes!

Enjoy your visits!!

Dallas, Texas
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

They are supposed to be doing all work in phases on each side, and there isn't supposed to be any actual complete closing of either side that has been announced....

West Milford, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

Yikes! The information being given is so conflicting!

I was also told when I booked, the Cove side was not going to be closed during our stay in July, but the resort was closing in August until October. For some reason, I thought both sides would close during that time, but I might have misinterpreted the information.

It's a long ways away....we'll see what actually happens next year.

Cape Girardeau...
Level Contributor
335 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

No doubt it's a long way away but with the 50% off deal running out on the 30th of November it would be nice to have some good intel or at least straight answers to questions to plan. That is one of my main complaints about Palace, they are short on information to make plans.

West Milford, New...
Level Contributor
175 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

Legend...absolutely, I agree!

I booked and paid (by the way, did they just start with not refunding your money if you cancel, or is it with this promotion?) with the understanding that the entire resort was going to be open. Although the resort is rather large, I enjoyed areas of the Cove side as well...I think the lagoon and pool is nicer on that side.We will all be annoyed if the Cove side is closed, as most of the people in my group stayed at Aventura in the past, and won't be happy with 1/2 of the resort open.

Yes, I think many of us agree that Palace does not have the best communication skills!

Sioux Falls, South...
Level Contributor
367 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 50% Off Promotion Aventura Spa Palace

This is the cancel information that I heard:

This policy shows on both the Palace and Hard Rock booking sites. If you click through "book it now" for a selected room category it is at the bottom of the page where you fill in you information.

"Cancellation Policy

You may cancel your reservation at no charge 3 days prior arrival before 3pm. Any cancellations received after 3:00 pm three days before arrival will be charged a 1 night penalty. For the period of December 24, 2012 - January 3, 2013, remaining balance will be charged 30 days prior to arrival and the following cancellation policy applies: 0-13 days prior to arrival - 3 nt. penalty . More than 14 days prior to arrival – No Penalty. No-shows will be charged for the full stay. Please note that check-in time is 3pm and check out is 12pm."