We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Regina
Level Contributor
188 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

Help? Four adults not big drinkers looking to vacation in Mexico for the first time. Want to see the most beautiful part, and I understand that is the Riveria Mayan? Anyways, undecided which of these three resorts would be the best for us. We want food that is high enough quality that we dont need to concern ourselves with food poisoning... dont want to have to worry about bed bugs... dont want screaming kids or loud blasting partiers the entire time. Looking to get away, relax and kick back. We love great entertainment at night. Good choice of water sports/activities during the day. Something that wont break the bank to get out on some tours or do sight seeing (due to being far too remote). We wont be renting a car, so taxi or tour operators... or the handy dandy foot will be our way around. So having things within walking distance (in a safe area is also great).

Want a luxury experience and wonder which of these hotels would provide that the best? Please help!

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

Of these (3) choices, we'd recommend Secrets Capri, especially given what you are looking for in a resort! And the complex is literally just a few minutes from Fifth Avenue in Playa del Carmen where you'll find lots of off-resort shopping, dining, and entertainment options for you as well as the ferry to Cozumel for a fun day's get-away!

Happy Travels whichever you choose!

Regina
Level Contributor
188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

Thank you so much for your response! It is greatly appreciated. Heard Capri is kinda small? What is your opinion of Cancun ME? Party place?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,426 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

ME...over-rated & over-priced. But that's what appeals to the trendy twenty-something/thirty-something crowd that it caters to. Beach is nice, but it still is a Cancun hotel zone location rather-than offering pristine seclusion. Another issue is that the resort is not guest exclusive and most facilities (even the beach) are completely open & available to anyone on a pay-per-use basis, which diminishes the aloofness of the complex, especially for the nightly cost you are paying!

Regina
Level Contributor
188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

Thanks Cancun ME is off the list now! Much appreciated.

PHILLIPSBURG
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

I love the Aventura Spa Palace and they are currently offering a great promotion of 50% off if you book through a member. I was just there last week and had an awesome time. Always a quiet place to go if you wanted it, as well as, spa treatments were to die for. You gt $1500 resort credits which you can use towards tours, upgraded wine with dinner, SPA treatments, and the list goes on. So you definitely get more than your monies worth at Aventura. Booking through a member you also get free airport transportation so it's a big plus. I saw you posted on another thread and were told much of the same things I have said, but just wanted to let you know that the resort was fantastic and the construction isn't starting for some time still. :-)

ohio
Level Contributor
1,389 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

I agree with newtraveller68 (we must have been there at the same time last week) We did go to Playa Car one day and the beach there is beautiful, 5th ave was fun for an afternoon.

Regina
Level Contributor
188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

Awesome thank you. Decided on ASP, we booked it last night. Will definitely go to PDC one day as well. Did you just take a cab there or rent a car? I assume 5th avenue is shopping? Do they barter in the shops or price is the price?

PHILLIPSBURG
Level Contributor
111 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

you can take a bus to Playa Del Carmen from ASP ( leaves from the Cove lobby) 3 days a week. They will drop you off near 5th Ave for shopping and pick you up at a certain time to return to the resort ALL FREE. :-)

Regina
Level Contributor
188 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

Thats awesome! How long did it take approximately to see all of 5th ave area?

Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cant decide Adventuras Spa, Secrets Capri or Cancun ME?

That's going to be entirely up to you. Depends on how many shops you want to stop in, how long you'll stay in them when you do, if you want poke in some restaurant for a drink or food, etc. Put it this way, if you walked 5th Ave from one end to the other without stopping anywhere I'd guess that would take you a half hour.

In our case, my wife and I usually set aside one day for a walk through PDC. We'll get over there sometime around 10am or so, then usually be back at our resort (which is just south of ASP) around 3:00. That will include stopping for about 30-45 mins in some bar/restaurant for a cool cervaza and some nachos.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras