We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tulum?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
jeff city, mo
Level Contributor
157 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
tulum?

We are staying at the Sunscape next week, would like to go to Xel-ha and maybe Tulum.. How far is Tulum from PA? What is the best way to get there? Is it worth going? Any idea what it costs to get in? I know tons of questions:-)

British Columbia
Level Contributor
122 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: tulum?

We did the Tulum Express excursion through the hotel - it's a half day and cost $36 each. There is a full day excursion that spends the first part of the day at Xel-Ha and then moves over to Tulum (or vice versa - can't remember). Not sure what the price to get into Xel-Ha is, but if you take a taxi to Tulum, it's about $25 each way and I think it's about $5.00 to get in. We decided to go with the hotel excursion, because we had a tour guide who explained the history of the ruins to us, rather than doing a self guided tour, but I think we spent more time on the bus than we did at the ruins, because you're picking people up at different hotels along the way.

Hope this helps :)

Colorado
Level Contributor
142 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tulum?

jameydj, both Xel-Ha and Tulum are worth seeing. You can usually set up your trip through your tour desk at your resort. We did both on the same day, and though we enjoyed ourselves, we felt a bit rushed. We felt Tulum alone was not a full day trip, but you can spend a whole day at Xel-Ha. If you could find a trip to Tulum early in the day (it does get warm there later in the day) and maybe stop at Akumal - great beach, snorkeling, shopping, good places to eat and drink, etc. - on your way back to PA. Then another day go to Xel-Ha for the full day. Get the all inclusive - that should include your entrance, snorkeling equip., food and drinks, etc. - everthing you'll want. I don't think Tulum is more than 20 miles South of PA and Xel-Ha is just North of Tulum. I'm leaving in two weeks so I'm not sure what the cost is now, maybe someone else who's already been there this year can help you with that. Whatever you pick you'll enjoy it. Have fun.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras