We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Utica, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

Funjet has infromed my Travel Agent that Barcelo Maya will be closed for my Vaca. Sept 24 - Oct 3.......We will now be staying at the Tropical,,but my concern is that we will all be overcrouded. I realize that the resort is huge, but to close all together is a bit unsettling. Anybody have more info?

Wyoming
Level Contributor
926 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

Next Tuesday for us for 9 nights

K

Buffalo, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
18 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

My family also is going to Barcelo Maya Beach, after reading your posts we called Expedia who then called the hotel to tell us that our trip booked 10/7 for a week would also be moved to the Tropical... DOes anyone have any information on the Tropical? Thanks!!!

Utica, Illinois
Level Contributor
63 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

Hi, this is Sammyset,,,,,,,,,,,I can tell you now that this resort is fantastic! i was concerned about overcrowding, but it is not too crowded. The rooms are very nice, the staff is always eager to help. Just ask for what you want, they will try to make it happen. We got coupons through Funjet vacations, they are pretty good. Some are for the internet.....Some for room service...spa ...etc.beach is great! Walk the whole thing and get a workout.... we would come back here any time!

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
93 posts
1 review
Save Reply
24. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

Anybody got an updated or know if the re-open for Beach is still 10/20 (we leave the 27th)?

minneapolis minn
Level Contributor
654 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

ive been to barcelo exactly 11 times, and even when it was crowded(except for spring break) it didnt seem bad at all..always lots of chairs and available space..the al a carte situation is yet another thing....as always, try to make your reservations as soon as you check in,and if youre at the colonial,im sure you will appreciate their lobby bar alot more than the caribe/beach...either way ,,i hope you have alot of fun

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
979 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

Just to clarify, are both the Beach and Caribe closed until November?? Or are they closed one at a time?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

The entire twin Beach/Caribe complex is currently closed.

28. Re: Barcelo Maya Beach...closed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 06, 2013