We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Insure my trip, the company?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
745 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Insure my trip, the company?

I recently booked a trip to the Cat for 11 family members and used Insure My Trip for the trip insurance. I received 12 identical standard pamphlets explaining coverage but have not received any kind of proof of insurance with the names of all the people on the trip. Is this normal?

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,604 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Insure my trip, the company?

A copy of your policy and an ID card will be emailed to you within 24 hours of purchase directly from the travel insurance company they placed you with and then mailed to you within 7-10 business days of purchase.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
60,720 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Insure my trip, the company?

Insure my Trip is a comparison web site that does not sell insurance.

It lists various insurance companies and their policy offerings. When you buy you are buying from whichever company you choose from their list.

WHICH company and policy did you choose?

When I get insurance I get a policy number but it does not necessarily have m;y name on the policy. I'd check each booklet to see if there is a specific policy number for each person.

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
745 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Insure my trip, the company?

I chose Travel Guard. All I have received from them is a receipt from the charge with my name on it, but no ID cards and nothing listing all travelers. The 12 pamphlets I received are all the same generic description of coverage pamphlets with nothing specific to any of us.

4. Re: Insure my trip, the company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, August 24, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras