We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Deep sea fishing

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winipeg, MB
8 posts
Save Topic
Deep sea fishing

Does anybody know anything about deep sea fishing in the area?

Does anyone know about parasailing?

MN
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Deep sea fishing

I'm also wondering about fishing charters out of Puerto Aventuras. I have seen people booking charters directly with fishing boats in the marina. Has anyone done this? What would a good price be? Any safety issues we should consider? Any info/advice would be great! We head out for the Catalonia Riviera Maya in 8 days!!

Okoboji, Iowa
Level Contributor
233 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Deep sea fishing

we stayed at the catalonia last march, we loved the place. we went fishing with Tequila sunrise charters, I highly recomend this charter service, they don't just take you for a ride, they work to catch you fish. We caught some nice Mahi-Mahi that we took to Jones's bar and they cook em up for $5.00. The boat was $ 450 for the day.

Buffalo, NY
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Deep sea fishing

Though some time has passed since this question was first posted, my husband and 5 other guys booked a deep sea fishing tour back in Jan'05. Not certain of the company but they booked with a charter at the marina where Sunscape Resort and Catalonia is [also Dolphin Discovery]. They paid $400 for the 1/2 day. they had their largest boat. I believe the charter owns 3 or 4 boats. The other 2 or 3 would have been $350 for the half day. The guys were able to book the day before, but I suggest giving them a little more advance notice as the season picks up. The boat never stopped. It continually trolled, trying to locate hungry fish. The water was rough and unfortunately, they did not catch anything. One of the other boats did hook a Marlin. I think the best question to ask is "what fish are in season?" When the guys went, there wasn't much "running" such as barracuda, dolphin,... I also suggest, if you are nearby to the marina, stop by at lunchtime and fiveish., when the fishing boats are coming in and see how they did. The day before the guys went, they did quite well. Caught barracuda and dolphin [fish, not flipper]. But the day they went out, because of the rough seas, they were skunked. Though they were all disappointed, they still felt they enjoyed themselves on a huge charter boat and it was worth the money.

Splitting the cost amongst 6 wasn't so bad.