We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about barcelo palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
toronto
Level Contributor
45 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
question about barcelo palace

I will be staying at Barcelo palace for the first week of july.

My kids (12 year old) have 2 inflatable floating beds ($5 inflatable pool bed for a single person that you find at walmart) that they use in pools.

1. would the hotel allow me to use them in their pool?

2. do you see anybody bringing such things in these hotels. I have been many times in all inclusive hotels and never really noticed.

Many thanks.

Cincinnati Ohio
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: question about barcelo palace

Yes you are allowed to bring your own floatie and use it in the pool. They even have a place where you can get it blown up there. There are a number of people that do this. You should be just fine

waterloo ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: question about barcelo palace

I never go anywhere without my inflatable wal-mart / dollar store ring. My kids and I float the day away and we did it at the Palace in March 2012. The pool is huge and in a nice circle with the swim up bar in the middle.

I know this is not your question but make sure you take mask and snorkels with you. The palace has the best snorkling off the beach that I have ever experienced. There are sting rays and turtles to be seen everyday. My 6 and 8 year old spent many hours snorkling with me and my wife. Rental at the resort is only 1 hour / day and you will want them much more. Take water socks with you.

Lawrence
Level Contributor
197 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about barcelo palace

We always bring a few cheapo floats with us and then leave them with either another guest or give them to an employee to pass onto the local kiddos when we leave. The extra room in the suitcases is perfect for returning with treasures we've bought while there.

Ditto to what dapreston said about the snorkeling. And the mattresses can be used for folks not super comfortable with deeper sea water. Last year my 11 year old son and I took one out snorkeling with us, so when he got tired all he had to do was climb onboard.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
14,453 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about barcelo palace

You can buy floats and rings there, too, at the gift shop and also the shop beside the pool bar.

I totally agree too about taking your own snorkel gear. We all used ours every single day.

5. Re: question about barcelo palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:45 pm, June 27, 2013