We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sailing question

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kansas city
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
sailing question

What is a good sailing snorkeling excursion off Puerto Aventuras? We have about 10 people with us and I hear of 1/2 day deals you can go snorkeling and then they serve cold lunch and drinks after...whats the price and was it worth it?

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sailing question

Hi Nikkitta,

Not sure of the name of the boat, but it was a HUGE catamaran, the biggest in the PA Marina, was all afternoon, was about $85.00 US @, & was a blast! Ask around, should be easy to find.

Snorkelled on a reef, had subs, salads, drinks on the return sail. Well worth the money! Fun Crew!

Sorry I couldn't remeber name, but mucho Tequila Boom Booms!

:o)

Amherstburg, Canada
Level Contributor
254 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sailing question

Can't think of the name of the huge catamaran either (docked next to the Sunscape) you may have to venture down there to book it. Have never seen a brochure or agent selling it nor do they go out everyday. We have however been on the Fat Cat twice. This is brand new (seats 50)and very comfortable. They go out sometimes twice a day, 10-2 and 2:30-6:30 (sunset). The snorkeling part is only about 45 minutes long and we were extremely disappointed this year because beyond the beach area, a huge construction site is going on. More development - I almost cried. Although the water is still beautiful the backdrop just made me sick.

They do serve ice cold beer, rum punch (watch it) guac, chips and fresh fruit. On the way back it's boom net time. Hold on to your shorts!

All in all, a fun 4 hours.

NE
Level Contributor
34 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: sailing question

The big catamaran next to Sunscape is the Raiatea... I've been on it twice... Lots of fun. You can get more info at www.bleumagic.com. I highly recommend it! (Part of the cat is shaded and that have banos -- a definite plus :-)

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sailing question

Yep Drmgrl, that's the one! We had a blast!

kansas city
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sailing question

Thanks for the info....I'm going!! We are all really excited. So I take it that my husband should not go on this boat cause he has motion sickness.....It sounds like he would not have as much fun and I!!

Omaha, Nebraska
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sailing question

I doubt that he would experience alot of motion sickness on it.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: sailing question

My wife experiences it a bit, & she felt a "Wee bit woozy" on the way out, but was great on the way back. When in doubt, have him take a Gravol 1st, or at the very least take some along with you.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras