We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beer at Catalonia

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St. Louis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Beer at Catalonia

I know this sounds crazy, but does anyone know what types of beer they serve at the catalonia? I am on the Atkins diet and very limited with the types of beer I can drink. I usually stick with Michelob Ultra or Budweiser Select, but I don't think I am going to find those down there. If anyone did know my options, I could at least check out the carb count before I get there. Last year, rum and diet coke got old by day two!

Forest City, IA
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beer at Catalonia

They only serve Dos Equis beer at the Catalonia. They offer amber or lager and it's very good and is very cold too. Have a great trip!

kansas city
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beer at Catalonia

My husbands on the South Beach diet and yeah you probably are going to have to cheat some on this vacation...you can buy bud light in town but its VERY expensive. You might be able to request the resort to have some on hand for you but if they do get it for you it won't be much. I don't know if they'll have Bud Select in Playa but you can check at sams club or wal-mart...good luck!

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beer at Catalonia

Hey you are on vacation, worry about the diet when you get back.

But, just so you know, Bacardi White Rum & Diet Coke = 0 Calories, O Carbs, O sugar. I'm diabetic & thats what I drink.

Have fun, you're only there for a week or 2, fix it when you get back.....

;o)

St. Louis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beer at Catalonia

I drank rum and diet coke for four straight days last year when they were there and the diet coke is sweeter there and got VERY old. 6 days in a bikini...no way I'm going off the diet!

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,176 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beer at Catalonia

Straight Tequila shots then....LOL

kansas city
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beer at Catalonia

You can drink anything straight or with water. You can drink wine and as long as its a sugarless juice than you are fine too. Rum, vodka, tequila these are all fine straight or with a diet soda.

Lehi, Utah
Level Contributor
369 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Beer at Catalonia

Do you know the carb content in Coconut Rum? I tried to find out when I was on Adkins, but could never find it. It makes a nice change though, even with diet coke, or I drank Captain Morgans and diet Dr. Pepper for a change.

I wish they had they had the mich ultra though. I'm doing weight watchers and it's still the best bet if your watching carbs or calories.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Beer at Catalonia

I have heard that flavored rums and vodkas still have no carbs, but I have never really gotten confirmation on this from a reliable source. Diet coke is the only diet choice they have at the Catalonia (and it is sweeter than what we have in the US), so this time I am going to bring a few cans of diet sprite and dr. pepper. I am also planning on bringing a few crystal light 'on the go' packets and experimenting with those.

St. Louis
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beer at Catalonia

I have heard that flavored rums and vodkas still have no carbs, but I have never really gotten confirmation on this from a reliable source. Diet coke is the only diet choice they have at the Catalonia (and it is sweeter than what we have in the US), so this time I am going to bring a few cans of diet sprite and dr. pepper. I am also planning on bringing a few crystal light 'on the go' packets and experimenting with those.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras