We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelo

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Woodbury,MN
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Barcelo

Going to Barcelo, after review the boards it seems a lot of people say to request building one two or three. Can anyone tell me why and are they far away from everything? A general layout would be great. Looking forward to it. Any tips would be helpful.

Allentown...
Level Contributor
309 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelo

I can't say why people recommend a certain building, but there's a map of the Barcelo Maya at the Webshots page -- community.webshots.com/album/44170689yzfVga

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelo

I just came back and all we were in buiding 3. They recommend staying away from 1 and 2 as they are close to the disco but ear plugs with help with any noise issue. Also, if you don't have a poolside view, I don't think noise is an issue. We had a pool view and could hear the disco but it never kept us awake. We liked building 3 and would ask for it again as it was centrally located but they have walkways from all the buildings and I think any locations would still be good. For example, buiding one and 2 are close to the sport gear rental and building 5 is close to the pitch and putt as well as the tennis courts. So it just depends on you..nothing is really to far away as the building are relatively close together. Hope this helps!

tlb
Gloucester...
Level Contributor
69 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelo

We stayed at the Barcelo last year..we were in building 5. We never had a problem with noise. Building 5 is closet to the disco. The only noise we did hear was peole in the halls going back to there rooms at night. I loved this place and they ahve a beautiful beach..It you want more information they have there own forum that is excellant..The unoffical Barcelo maya and riveria..You will love it..