We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aeromexico Airlines

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Destination Expert
for Playa del Carmen
Level Contributor
2,287 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Aeromexico Airlines

Do they still offer drinks and snacks with no charge?? Might fly them out of chicago next month. Thanks in advance.

Texas
Level Contributor
353 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

Did you end up flying Aero Mexico? We are leaving out soon with them and it has been several years since we used them. We booked through Funjet and I was wondering how the seating is? Last time they put us first class - is it first come first serve?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

Flew AeroMexico in April 2013. Personnel polite and courteous, non-emotional - robot like almost. Boarded the aircraft and as Business Class, we were offered 'room temperature' water or orange juice. I had to ask for ice. Once in the air, came around and offered complimentary drinks, soda, water, juice, wine, mixed drink or beer, and a small plastic cup of mixed nuts. Handed out immigration cards at the same time. Never saw or heard from the crew again until we landed! Should have used the call button for at least another drink! The gate attendant told us we would have a light meal on our return from Cancun to Atlanta... yeah, more nuts! If the price is good, would fly them again, but will be prepared for more substantial food, and will definitely use call button for more drinks! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,689 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

¨we were offered 'room temperature' water or orange juice. I had to ask for ice.¨

That is the way drinks are most often served in Mexico. I have become accustomed to asking for ice if I want it.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

Guess I am accustomed to traveling on US airlines and their level of service. I would fly AeroMexico again, but only if the price is right. I do travel to Cancun at least 3 times a year, and this was my first on this airline. As a travel agent, I guess I tend to pay particular attention to details to better inform my clients! At least now I know! Thank you for your reply and input!

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
86 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

Maybe it's me, but historically I have always received better service on non-US airlines. I was looking to fly AeroMexico, but the package that we found on AA Vacations was a lot cheaper than other packages using AeroMexico. But if given the choice at the same price, I'd go AeroMexico for sure.

Cozumel, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Cozumel, Merida
Level Contributor
42,689 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

¨Maybe it's me, but historically I have always received better service on non-US airlines. ¨

The same for me. I worked for a major US airline but flew with Aeromexico anytime I had the opportunity. Service so much better than US carriers.

¨ I guess I tend to pay particular attention to details to better inform my clients¨

As a former airline employee , I pay much attention to details. That is why I choose Aeromexico.

7. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:03 pm, May 06, 2013
8. Re: Aeromexico Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, May 08, 2014