We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sister resort@ Catalonia Riviera Maya

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Salt Lake city
10 posts
Save Topic
Sister resort@ Catalonia Riviera Maya

My husband and I are staying at the Catalonia in May and I was reading about the sister resort. If we are staying at the Catalonia all inclusive are we allowed to go to the sister resort? It looks like it is all conected anyway. Some reviews of the resort say it has 3 pools and others say 5. I'm assuming that is because of the sister resort. Also, I'm glad to hear the there is a sandy beach. I love to check out the tide pools but I also want to be able to sit on the beach. This is my 4th time to the area and I am very excited to be going back. Thanks for any help.

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sister resort@ Catalonia Riviera Maya

hi, I have done alot of research on this property, not going until Thanksgiving. However, I did learn that yes indeed, guests are allowed to use entire resort property. The "Yucatan" side, the fromer sister property called the Lookea club or something usually has the French and Canadians, and the U.s markets the Riviera side. If you have time, read through some of the reviews, wealth of information!! Hope this helps a bit. DIana

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sister resort@ Catalonia Riviera Maya

I wouldn't even call it a sister resort. It's all one resort but with 2 reception desks. There are 5 pools, 2 buffets, 3 ala cartes. This is for everyone. The restaurants are located right in the middle so you don't feel any division.

Mission, BC, Canada
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Mission, Abbotsford
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sister resort@ Catalonia Riviera Maya

Hi,

Travellinfool is right about the 2 resorts. He did forget to mention the new "Le Creperie" up on the terrace by the Mexican & Italian Ala Cartes that serves Crepes & Ice Cream goodies (To Die for). We were there in late Jan & it was fairly new & there wasn't any signage that really pointed it out.

The Yucatan side did seem a little quieter than the Riviera Maya side.

I have posted about 140 pics on my website & if you want to check them out just copy & paste the following into your webbrowser;

aplusnetworks.ca/pictures/rivieramaya2006.htm

Have a Tequila or 2 for me por favor!

Salt Lake city
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sister resort@ Catalonia Riviera Maya

Thank you everyone. I will have a Tequila for you BC! I've read about the ice cream shop. Yum Yum. I've very excited to go. I think we picked a great resort, very few bad reviews, but I also know you can't please everyone.

By chance has anyone been parasailing at the resort? How much? and did you feel safe. I want to try it but I'm alittle scared. What do you think?

Thanks for the help