We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice Beaches & Swim up Bars/Xpu-Ha Palace?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Topic
Nice Beaches & Swim up Bars/Xpu-Ha Palace?

We are considering staying at Xpu-Ha Palace. We really enjoy Sunbathing in a pool & by a nice secluded beach. Does the Xpu-Ha have a swim up bar, and how are the beaches? We are also considering the Isberostar in Cozumel-We liked the laid back setting-Any suggestions on which one is better in that respect?

Texas
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice Beaches & Swim up Bars/Xpu-Ha Palace?

hey bud,

we are staying at xpu-ha too. they don't have a swim up bar but it's only a few steps away from what i've seen. friends told us they have the best beach and it's quiet. have a great trip.

BSK
New Iberia
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice Beaches & Swim up Bars/Xpu-Ha Palace?

There is not swim up bar at Xpu-Ha but a waitress brings drinks to you at the beach and at the pools. They will even bring them to you at the side of pool and you never have to get out.

The beach at Xpu-Ha is great. If you take a walk from the Reptile,Reef, Caleda Restaurant section along the beach you will come to a little private area that you will see some couple enjoy. I cann't say it is completely private though because as people walk this beautiful beach walk to the beach from above, you will be visible. BSK

colorado
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice Beaches & Swim up Bars/Xpu-Ha Palace?

We stayed at Cancun palace, but we spent half our vacation at Xpu-Ha during the day. Go to the lagoon to snorkel, get there early to get a grass hut right next to the lagoon. The restaurant was fabulous at the lagoon. Paella, shrimp was great. This place was so much fun. No swim up bar though.

Indiana
Level Contributor
76 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice Beaches & Swim up Bars/Xpu-Ha Palace?

Thanks for the info..I hate deciding where to go having never been to Mexico-and you can only tell so much from a brochure. These forum really are helpful!!

BSK
New Iberia
Level Contributor
297 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice Beaches & Swim up Bars/Xpu-Ha Palace?

Colorado, you mentioned the lagoon restraurant. It is called Caleta, has it reopened? The last time I was there they were closing the day we left to put a roof on it. I'm ready to go back and my husband says, "not if Caleta is not open yet". This is his favorite restaurant but refuses to go back until it has repopened.

Thanks BSK