We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Xpu Ha Palace

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Xpu Ha Palace

Hi! Will be traveling to Xpu Ha March 12-19 with my 11 yr. old son (my birthday/his xmas present). 1st time to Mexico. Chose Xpu Ha because it sounds perfect for us. Can anyone tell me about the kids club and what they do with the kids in that age group. In all the research i've done, i can't seem to find specific info on the kids club. I know Xpu Ha will be great since we love the outdoors, i.e. kyaking, etc. Perhaps someone might have some inside tips as well that would be helpful. Thanks for any info you can provide!! lvk

England UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

Hi

Have you read all the reviews in the hotel section as there are a couple that mention the kids club but admittedly not in alot of detail.

We are staying at the Xpu Ha palace for 2 weeks in February and our son (7 years) will hopefully be using the kids club so we will post a review afterwards which may help you if nothing else has been posted by then.

Cheers

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

FamilyFromDevon,

Thanks for your reply! Believe me, I've done alot of reading on many sites and do not see detail about the kids club.... I'm glad you agree. I will look forward to your review after your 2 week stay at Xpu Ha in February, which is just around the corner. Have a GREAT time as I'm sure you will! Thanks again!

Texas
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

hey luv we will be there at that time. i have a daughter whose 14 so i don't know if she'll do the kids club things. are you excited about this resort?

England UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

Hi Luv2walk

We are really looking forward to going to Xpu Ha in a couple of weeks - especially to get away from this grey, wet winter here in England. I have read lots of reviews on Trip Advisor and found Locogringo.com and its various links very helpful as we are planning to get out and about and visit as many places of interest as possible. What other websites have you found useful?

The key to enjoying Xpu Ha seems to be to get a good room so I am working on my strategies to charm/bribe the front desk staff - I'll let you know how that works out as well as the kids club!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

Hi Harley....Am I excited? That's an understatement. We are in great need of this vacation and I am counting the days...and hours.....and seconds! Woke up this AM and thermometer said 6 degrees....brrr....expecting 6-12 inches maybe more tomorrow into Sunday (although I must admit, I like the winter/snow season). First thought that came to mind was Xpu Ha! I assume the feelings are mutual and you are just as excited. It's nice to have something to look forward to. We have already put aside our snorkeling equipment and I've purchased my under water camera!

Hi Devon Family.... i guess no matter what the weather, it's great to GET AWAY!....so far, Trip Adisor is the BEST - very informative and friendly. I've also been to Locogringo.com and found it to be very informative as well. Others sites I have tried are Fodors.com and Frommers.com. I concur with your thoughts on the key to better enjoying Xpu Ha. Let me know how it works out. Perhaps since it is my birthday the day we arrive that might get us a nice room. When do you depart? How long of a flight is it from England? Just curious. I'm jealous that you have 2 weeks to see and do!

Chow for now!

England UK
Level Contributor
18 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

Hi Luv2walk

I must admit I'm not looking forward to the journey - 4 hour drive to Heathrow in London then 10 hour flight to Miami then another couple of hours to Cuncun - that's why we need 2 weeks there - well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! Worse on the way back as we have 6 hours to kill in Miami before the flight back to London - I must do some research on Miami to see if we can do a tour or something to use the time fruitfully. How long is your journey? Sounds like you are getting lots of snow - just rain here - in fact it has rained non-stop all day today - roll on Mexican sunshine in less than 3 weeks - I can't wait.

Regards.

Texas
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

luv2walk,

I hated to hear about the big storm you're getting. At least there's light at the end of the tunnel!! I hope you get through the cold and have a wonderful trip. I'm glad you said something about getting your own snorkeling equipment because I was curious what you thought. Did you get basic gear or more high tech? Take care and keep warm thoughts!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
101 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

Hi everyone! well, it was fun shoveling yesterday. Had about 12 inches here....snow blower a must...one of the best investments!

WOW! that is some itinerary Family From Devon. I give you alot of credit for making that journey. I hope it goes smooth for you. My drive to the airport is just 1/2 hour then a direct flight approx. 3 hours to Cancun. You will certainly need a few days to settle in once you arrive, then you will REALLY start to enjoy your holiday. I have never experienced a two week vacation, even when I went to Europe for the first time (Paris) it was only five days. Too short, but a very memorable vacation! Sorry to hear about all the rain you are having....keep thinking SUNSHINE in Mexico!!! How did you come about choosing Xpu Ha anyway? Oh, almost forgot, may i make a suggestion....since you have many hours to kill in Miami on your return, look into South Beach section of Miami....very cool, hip, active place....perhaps you can have lunch on the strip (see Versace's house - last I knew it was up for sale) and people watch...check it out! Don't know where South Beach is in relation to the airport. Chow for now!

Hi Harley...we love snorkeling. I invested two years ago when we went to St. Lucia. It kinda freaks me out to use the ones they have at the resorts. We have snorkels & masks, basic gear and they serve the purpose; however, we do not have fins. They don't take up much room in the suitcase and we like the convenience of having them with us at all times. When will you be at Xpu Ha? Ok, it's late and I should be asleep! Chow!

WV
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

Hi! We are getting ready for our up coming trip to Xpu-Ha and was wondering if anyone that has been there joined in on the animal rescue & treatment program? We have read about the tours of the ruins but havent heard much about the programs offered at the resort itself. Like so many of you have stated we too love the outdoors and think this is the perfect resort for us ... any tips those of you might have for us would be great!

Texas
Level Contributor
393 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Xpu Ha Palace

thanx luv!! So gald to hear you're surviving the snow. We have bought some snorkel equip. so thans again. Have you tried to find out what section you're staying in?

wvmamma--from what i've found the rescue program is animals from around there that have been abandoned or injured. will be cool to see anything!! i live in the texas panhandle so the only animals i see are mine and some cows!!

i hope everyone has the best vacation!!

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Aventuras