We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia - Topless?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
South Dakota
12 posts
Save Topic
Catalonia - Topless?

My family will be staying at the Catalonia the week of Feb 14th. I have a 10 year old girl and a 6 year old boy. Do I need to start preparing them for topless women sunbathers?

Has anybody had to deal with "exposing" their children to topless sunbathers for the first time? Being from South Dakota this will be a new experience for my kids. Any suggestions on preparing them for the experience or should we jsut wait and see how they handle it?

Any Dr. Phil's out there? :-)

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia - Topless?

Hola,

I know what you mean, we are going to be taking our boys down there soon. But I don't think it should be a big deal. To me it is just the human body. They do give life after all (breasts I mean). If you explain to your children that in different parts of the world people do things differently and that people from everywhere will be vacationing at your resort. Don't make a big deal out of it and you won't draw attention to it. Remind them it is impolite to stare and answer any questions they have about others and their customs and I will bet that after the first day they will not even notice any more. They will be having too much fun to pay attention. However, if you freak out about it, they will assume it is wrong for those women to be that way and feel uncomfortable. So, if you ignore it so will they.

Hope this helps. Can't wait to read your review.

mpls, mn
Level Contributor
356 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia - Topless?

I think that was a really great answer, Dr. Oceanaddict.

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia - Topless?

Thanks Jimmy. The first one is free after that there is a small charge. ha ha ha

South Dakota
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia - Topless?

Thanks for the advice. Doc. :-)

Grand Rapids, MI
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia - Topless?

No problemo,

Zanderz have a good time and let me know how your kids like the place. I have 3 boys, 5, 8 and 15. My husband and I are going down by ourselves for our anniversary. However, if we like it there I think we are going back with the kids. My 15 yr old step son wants to get certified so he can scuba with my husband and I. My other 2 sons want to go snorkeling so band that can not stand it. I had told them that some time when they did not have school we would take them down. So, when we had a snow day last week my youngest said "ok, can we go to Mexico to snorkel today?" ha ha ha. Oh, how I would have loved to say "YES". Anyway, I would love to know how your children like the lagoon and if there is plenty for them to do. Again have a great time and be safe!!

"Dr." Oceanaddict.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America