We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
kansas
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

We are wanting a resort that has beach drink service or at least a bar on the beach. Do either of these resorts have this service?

Thanks

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
74 reviews
1. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

Was just at the Grand this past week. Absolutely no beach service whatsoever. If you are with the Royal Suites they have a little bit but nothing ongoing from what I experienced. Some at the adult pools at the White Sand as well, but I think that was only because there were only 10 people at the pool at a time so it was easy to walk around. I got the impression he was bored so he did something to occupy his time. I'm fairly certain as well there is no beach service at the Barcelo either I can tell you, however, there is impeccable service at the Iberostar resorts! I did miss it last week.

kansas
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

Thanks-the comments I'm hearing are making me lean toward the Iberostar-now I just need to figure out which one!

Thanks for all the help!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
74 reviews
3. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

Honestly, the Lindo is awesome. WE stayed there in December. Loved it, loved it, loved it. So much fun, so many things to not only do but watch. Their Star Friends are awesome and their shows are spectacular. I wasn't too impressed with the POP (people of palladium). They just weren't around where we were and we were at all the pools. Star Friends had to get out and meet people, eat with them at breakfast, introduce themselves, talk with you, etc. So for that type of atmosphere I would pick Iberostar.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
972 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

There are a couple of 24 hour beach snack/bars at the Grand Palladium. There is also a nice beach bar at the salt water pool area and other GP beach areas, although they don't serve snacks, but just drinks and they are not open 24 hours. You won't find any beach snack/bars at the Barcelo and none that are open 24 hours. If you are interested in the Grand Palladium, check out the Palladium Addict site for good information.

Tequesta, Florida
Destination Expert
for Puerto Aventuras, Punta Cana
Level Contributor
9,817 posts
21 reviews
5. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

In all the times we have been to the Barcelo, there has been absolutely no bar service on the beach! And only once during any of our stays at the Palace, did we have bar service around the pool deck.

When we were guests at the Grand Palladium Royal Yucatan, we had excellent service at both pool & beach, but when we were guests at their Kantenah and Colonial, service was non-existant, but the beach bar was just steps away.

Hope this helps!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
74 reviews
6. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

I only know of one beach bar at the Palladium that is open 24/7 and that's at Punta Emilia. It's fairly far from Kentanah and Colonial if you are there and arrive real late. We were not that impressed with the food there. The burgers left a lot to be desired and hubby knows his burgers. So far as RSY bar service...Vianely came around once when we were there. It was nothing nonstop. we were there several times during the week and the service wasn't anything to brag about. At the private beach it was nonexistant as well. This is our experience only. Others may find it differently. We did have fruit delivered once and sandwiches were brought around if you were there around noon; other than that, we were never served drinks. It's not something that is a deal breaker, but at Iberostar, it was exceptional.

7. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:27 am, September 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
74 reviews
8. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

ahhh, that's the first I ever heard about that one being open that late. It's a nice bar, a happening place when we were there passing by.

Edited: 3:46 pm, June 21, 2010
kansas
Level Contributor
237 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

Thanks again for the info. I never thought I would have this much trouble making my mind up. But the Iberostar is sounding like it might be the top spot. Thanks

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,571 posts
74 reviews
10. Re: AI with beach drink service? Barcelo or Grand Palladium?

The Iberostar is not only 30 mins. from the airport,much closer than either Barcelo or Palladium, but has continuous beach service and pool bar service and all of the resorts have room service. I know for a fact Lindo and Maya and Grand do. I'm fairly certain the entry level ones do as well, but to be sure, check the Iberostar site. :)