We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Aventura Spa Palace ???'s

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Barrie, ON
14 posts
Save Topic
Aventura Spa Palace ???'s

We are thinking of going to ASP in February. We stayed at Secrets Excellence in November and loved it but want to try somewhere new. Some of the comments about the lagoon are concerning.

How big is the lagoon?

Can you kayak in it?

Is the water clear?

And is there a nice view?

My other question is about the liquor they serve. Can you easily get the good brands like Crown Royal?

Thanks for any input.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Aventura Spa Palace ???'s

My husband and i were there for 1 week and we loved it. The Lagoon was the best part. I really enjoy suntanning and just relaxing. The lagoon is large and you can go out in kayaks, also it is really clear and the water is turqoise blue. You can feed a variety of fish right in the lagoon, you can snorkle and it is extremly calm. The water was very warm. Beyond the reef is endless ocean so that would be your view but we had an oceanfront room and the veiw of the grounds, pool and lagoon were spectacular. It really is a very fine property and the rooms have huge spa pool right in the middle. We had a fantastic time and yes all the liquor was premium.

Temecula, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Aventura Spa Palace ???'s

Just got back on Thursday from ASP. If these are your only questions, then you are going to the right place! The two lagoons are really large, clear, and warm. I favored the right lagoon as it appeared newer and slightly clearer, but there is not much difference. I will say there is no view at all from the lagoons themselves, if that was your question. The sea wall is pretty high, so all you can see is the top of crashing surf from your nice comfortable Palapa. If you are talking about from your room, the view is not likely to be good as most of the rooms have partial views of the pool, and a fairly small percentage of rooms have ocean views. I really have no idea if you can request an ocean view room or not as when we arrived the hotel was jam packed and we liked the proximity to the lobby as we took many tours and trips and you must catch your taxi from one or the other lobby. If I were to suggest one thing, it would be to ask for a central location between the two lobbies as the walking from one side of the HUGE property to the other can get old fast(the restaurants are all located near the lobbies.) The liquor they offer IN THE ROOM are all good quality US stuff! And, I noted that at each and every bar other top notch stuff was behind the FREE bars. I never, ever saw anyone declined a drink because they didn't have their brand.

Last note - I do not know how good (or not) the food was at Secrets, but do not expect GREAT food at ASP. It is nice, ordinary, Ok food. Good breakfasts and lunches are normal, with (at best) average dinners to be expected. Just so you are not surprised.... p.s. We had the best Steak and Lobster at Pancho Villas in PDC on our last night!