We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
St Louis, Mo
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

Does anybody know the condition of the Serena Hotel it's one of the smaller hotels on the Noth end of Puerto. We are due in mid December.

Best Regards

tampa
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

I am trying to get info on Serena too. my son and I are due to return to PA on 11/23. I was there for Emily and cannot believe these people have to go thru this again!!! Have you stayed at Serena previously? If you get any information can you please let me know?

Thanks!

Copenhagen
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

Hi There.

I am trying to get info about Serena too. If anyone hears anything please forward to mikael@andco.dk

We are due end December

All the best

St Louis, Mo
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

Following up on the Serena Hotel, I found this comment in the forum from PAcavediver.

Best Regards.

grind911

SERENA SPA.

I do not recommend it as a safe option. The Serena SPA had a lot of damage with Emily and had not even try to start repairing it. You can see some photos of the damage after Emily here alanformstone.com/misc/puerto_aventuras_emil… I talked with Alan today, the owner of this site, and he told me that now that he has light back he will probably post a page about Wilma soon.

After Wilma the Serena has even more damage. Now the palapas on each room are in really bad state, their beach is bad, their SPA is even worst. My family, who is visiting me at the moment, had booked there. The Serena SPA happily accepted the reservation, without warning them about their condition which I think it is a really bad bussiness behaivior. If u have a booking here, I seriously advise that u cancelit and go for a better option. The Cat and the Omni will be back on business in good condition long before they even start working on their damage.

tampa
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

I changed my reservation to the Omni. Now my only problem is that Spirit Airlines cancelled my reservation as they are not flying into Cancun at this time. Anybody know of a bot from Tampa to Puerto?!!!! I am trying to get there on Nov 23!!!

tampa
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

Type in my previous post...Boat...I need a boat from Tampa to Puerto!!!

Puerto Aventuras
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Serena Hotel, Puerto Aventuras

Hi Lauratampa,

I know that there used to be a ferry from Tampa to Progreso. I don't know if it is still running. Maybe you can do some research on that option. It is called "Yucatan express" (http://www.yucatanexpress.com/). From Progresso you can have a bus to here or Playa. There are luxury busses very confortable.

I think that the Omni is a save bet. I was there yesterday and there were a lot of workers fixing the small damage they have.

Look here for the last update on hotels in PA.

alanformstone.com/puerto_aventuras/puerto_av…