We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

first time traveler-needs any advice please

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
north carolina
5 posts
Save Topic
first time traveler-needs any advice please

my friend and i are supposed to leave NC on the 27th for cancun. we have never traveled before. we haev been told that if the flight does go out they do not know what the hotel situation will be when we arrive. any travelers that could lend us any advice would be wonderful! we are nrevous and do not know what to do, but we hate to loose our money too.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

illinois
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: first time traveler-needs any advice please

our experiences is that the tour companies/airlines, etc or won't say what is going on. hotels like to say everything o.k. usually conditions are pretty miserable it the weeks after a big storm

try to get written guarantees or written promises of refunds before you go.

being with 20,000 angry tourists with no a.c. can be bad news.

good luck

Scotland
Level Contributor
28 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: first time traveler-needs any advice please

Having been in Puerto Aventuras during and after Hurricane Emily in July, I have to say don't go. The hurricane is one thing but the aftermath is something else altogether. We were evacuated to Cancun after a few days where conditions were better but by looks of todays news there doesn't look like there will be much there either. See if you can change now before everyone else does. good luck!