We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
9,906 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

any resort in this area fit this criteria??? I am really liking the no reservations needed for a la cartes and with a young toddler we need to eat dinner real early, so a early dinner time is a must! we just came back from palladium, and also have been to Grand Sirenis and sandos caracol, so would like to try something else. thanks.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
466 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

When do you plan on traveling? Half of Aventura Spa Palace is becoming family friendly in April or May. You would be able to dine at any of the restaurants with a todder on what is now the South end of the resort.

Kawartha Lakes...
Level Contributor
220 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

We stayed at Barcelo Maya Palace last year...never had a problem getting early dinner reservations at the a la cartes for our family with young kids.

Most people with no kids like the later times.

Wellesley, Ma
Level Contributor
796 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

Barcelo - you have to make reservations; depending on where you stay, you are limited to a certain number and certain restaurants; limited room service menu and they charge $4 per item if you order anything

Dreams resorts - no reservations required; think restaurants open at 6 or 6:30 for dinner; 24 hour room service if needed, included in AI. Dreams PA is a very small resort; Dreams Tulum is very nice too if you want to go further south; larger and has more restaurant choices.

Wayzata
Level Contributor
1,577 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

Hi Lin, I know you've been to the Palladium so this post is for the info. of others. The Palladium has an unlimited ala carte policy with no reservations. You can eat in the ala cartes as early as 5:30.

New York City
Level Contributor
52 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

I thought you had to wait on line too make reservatiosn during certain hours at the palladium? guess i was mistaken, I know dreams is no reservations and you dont have to wear long pants to all the restaurants, excellent kids club, we wanted to book it but it was too far from airport.

Shelbyville, KY
Level Contributor
628 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

Starting last year, you don't have to have reservations at Palladium a la cartes. They just hand you a pager like restaurants in the US do if they have a wait. We always eat early, and since most guests at the resort are European and eat late, we always just walked right in. Palladium is the first AI in that area where I have stayed with unlimited a la cartes, and it was really nice.

7. Re: AI with no reservations and early dinner seatings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:17 pm, October 21, 2009