We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ASP in October - are we mad?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Aventuras hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
ASP in October - are we mad?

We are booked to stay at ASP from 11-25 October (coming from the UK with First Choice for the info of any Brits out there!). Having read on the hotel's web site that only half the hotel will be open by the time we fly out, we tried to change our booking to the El Dorado Royale (the 'no kids' policy being of prime importance to us!), but First Choice have no availability for our dates.

So are we completely mad to take our chance on ASP and go anyway? If we do go, and only the north side is open, what facilities will we miss out on (ie restaurants, pool, is this the 'spa side')?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer!

Hils

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ASP in October - are we mad?

We stayed on the north side in March. The spa and gym are there. There is a pool on each side.We only went to the south side a couple times and North side will be my choice for next March. I did see on this board a couple days ago that the opening wouldn't be until November so perhaps you want to double check somewhere. I'm not sure Palace will give you true info and would probably switch you to Moon if ASP wasn't available or perhaps the new LeBlanc one which is adults only.I think 3 of the 6 restaurants were on each side. El Greco, our favorite is on the North side. I hope you do get to go to ASP as it was awesome.

Locust Grove...
Level Contributor
1,886 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ASP in October - are we mad?

I just found that updated list that says Nov for ASP. It was posted by luggy on 8/8.

Oxford, UK
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ASP in October - are we mad?

Hi Nanasal

Thanks for your advice - if we have to get moved I like the sound of LeBlanc, so we'll have to wait and see I think!