We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sun Scapes

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Lemmon, South Dakota
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sun Scapes

Has anyone stayed at the new Sun Scapes or can anyone tell me if it opened on schedule?

We have 5 couples booked for mid January.

We would like information.

Chicago
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sun Scapes

My fiance and I will be there the week of the 15-22nd of January and were wondering the same thing. We're staring to get a little nervous.

Windsor, On
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sun Scapes

Hello,

I just returned from Catalonia Mayan Riveria which is located right next door. They were working on the hotel all week and Friday we noticed lights on in some of the rooms so my guess is that yes it is now open or pretty close. Have a great time!

Lemmon, South Dakota
Level Contributor
364 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sun Scapes

Hey Chicago - that is when we will be there. Perhaps we will see you. I hope your wedding is wonderful.

LIZ
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sun Scapes

According to the Sunscape site, the SPA is scheduled to open December 15.

new york, NY
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sun Scapes

i'm going there the w/o 1/22. we called the resort and the spa and kids club are not opened yet and they told us they won't be open until april.

6. Re: Sun Scapes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 pm, January 05, 2005
LIZ
Brick, New Jersey
Level Contributor
396 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sun Scapes

Rod, thanks for the post... We'll see you in May!

Redford, MI
Level Contributor
104 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sun Scapes

We will be there the 12th-22nd of January. We have been told by our travel agent that the resort is fully operational, except for the Spa which will not open until April.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sun Scapes

I was also told the tennis courts are not ready either.

Colorado Springs CO.
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Sun Scapes

THis is not an accurate account of what is available. My family of 8 (all 19 and older) just returned and we found that they are not ready to be open. Still have many wrinkles to work out. The spa is not the only thing not ready! Staff needs training, they try but are not trained! FamilyTripTaker