We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catalonia shut for 2 months

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
sussex england
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Catalonia shut for 2 months

Just informed by travel agents that catalonia shut for 2 months offered date there later on in year or different hotel though told very few up and running to full standard or holiday in different country dont know what to do. Nicky

Warrington, UK
Level Contributor
99 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Hi Nicky

Sorry your holidays hasnt worked out. If you desperately want PA and can move your dates - then do that. If you cant move your dates but still want Mexico - can you agent get you into a hotel in Playa Del Carmen or Cancun (not the same I know). There are hotels open there. If not then you will have to change to a different country - sorry mate

United Kingdom
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Which company are you travelling with?

J77
England
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Hi Nikki - just out of interest which agent have you booked with, and which tour operator are you going with - I am travelling with Air Tours through Going Places - and they don't seem to have a clue!!

sussex england
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

I am travelling with airtours and TA is going places they have been brilliant they were sorry that they hadn't contacted me earlier. As for changing the hotel really unsure as to my next move, saw that Iberostar Tucan not as badly hit and should be up an running completely in the next month. Having never been to mexico before unsure as to having booked at the right time of year looking at weather, hours of sunshine and rainfall. Have also heard that when entering the hotels they are making everyone sign to say that they are aware of the problems and then you are unable to claim, after saving long and hard not sure if this is the way to go. Nicky

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
2,610 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Fergurr, when were you originally booked to travel?

sussex england
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

originally booked to travel 26 August Nicky

J77
England
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Nicky - Which branch of Going Places were you booked with - I want to tell my branch to contact them as they are still not letting us transfer to a different holiday & we are due to tarvel on the 29th August for our honeymoon!!!!

Thanks for your help

Becky

sussex england
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Hailsham East Sussex 01323 847817 spoke again to them today

J77
England
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Thanks Nicky - I have spoken to Going Places who have now confirmed that the hotel will be closed for two months - They have offered me a transfer or a full refund - if it wasn't for your info I wouldn't have got it sorted as quickly as i have - so thanks again!!!

Becky

sussex england
Level Contributor
19 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Catalonia shut for 2 months

Glad I could be of help trouble being everywhere seems to be booked up so looking further a field hope everything works out for you Kind regards Nicky